Number 41 Media is a user experience design firm specializing in the research, design, and development of websites and software. http://www.number41media.com
Number 41 Media is looking for an experienced Information Architect to join our team in Victoria, BC. Playing a foundational role in the organization, our information architects work closely with project managers, clients, and interaction designers. The ideal candidate will have a thorough grounding in usability principles, be an excellent writer, and have considerable experience conducting user research.
* Create project documentation including environmental scans, comparative and heuristic analyses, gap analyses, journey maps, and content strategies.
* Read, comprehend and become an expert on the subject matter.
* Design and facilitate creative working sessions with stakeholders and users to elicit business requirements.
* Plan for and conduct user research, and then synthesize and document the findings.
* Investigate web analytics data for meaningful, actionable insight.
* Analyze user research findings to develop recommendations and opportunities assessments.
* Create information architecture schemas (ontology and taxonomy).
* A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in information architecture, English, library sciences, human computer interaction, design, or another relevant field.
* Two or more years of experience as an information architect, or a member of an interactive design team.
* Working knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices.
* Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* A good sense of humor, professionalism and a personable attitude.
* Passionate about understanding people and user experience.
* Enjoy and thrive in a changing, dynamic environment.
* Desire to keep up with industry trends, and participate in or lead knowledge exchanges with peers.
* Highly organized and detail-oriented.
* Assertive, communicative, and proactive.
* Able to work both independently as well as on a team.
* A strong work ethic.
Be prepared to show examples of your work that clearly demonstrate your abilities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . We thank all applicants who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.