Imagine your life’s work in our piece of paradise! Island Health (formerly Vancouver Island Health Authority) is one of British Columbia’s six health authorities and the largest employer on Vancouver Island with over 18,000 employees. For five years running, we have been selected as one of BC's Top Employers.
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan as well as competitive wages.
Learn more at: www.viha.ca
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Management Office, the Project Manager, IM/IT will work on IM/IT projects as assigned within the Project Management Office. The Project Manager, IM/IT will plan, organize and control all activities associated with the implementation of assigned projects. Please note: this role is classified as temporary, NON-contract.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages a cross functional project team to produce deliverables, based on the requirements, that are high quality, and are on time and on budget
2. Communicates with senior management regarding status of specific projects
3. Identifies process inefficiencies, develops solutions, and drives for change
4. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects
5. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation including responsibility for contract negotiations
6. Identifies project risks and creates the risk mitigation plan
7. Defines project scope and objectives, including project charters
8. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
9. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
10. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
11. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
12. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
13. Responsible for all aspects of system support coordination required for the projects
14. Defines the system support service level requirements for the projects. Plans, provides, and monitors these services to ensure the negotiated levels have been met
15. Develops strategy and work plan for testing in context of the overall project plan
16. Ensures stakeholders are kept on side and involved with the project
17. Allocates and directs staff & resources within the project area
18. Selects, trains, coaches and supervises the work of staff, and deals with labour relations matters for staff reports including responsibility to discipline and discharge
19. Utilizes standard Project Management tools, methodologies and templates for tracking and reporting progress
20. Plans and executes handover to operational support at the conclusion of the project
21. Performs other related duties as assigned
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Health Information Science or Computer Science. At least seven years experience working within or directly with a health care system including several years as a project manager or project coordinator. Knowledge of, and experience in working with the Project Management Institute's PMBOK methodology
Please submit resumes using our online tool: