Imagine your life’s work in our piece of paradise! Island Health (formerly Vancouver Island Health Authority) is one of British Columbia’s six health authorities and the largest employer on Vancouver Island with over 18,000 employees. For five years running, we have been selected as one of BC's Top Employers.
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan as well as competitive wages.
Learn more at: www.viha.ca
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority
(Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Project Delivery Management, the Senior Project Analyst coordinates the implementation of projects within the strategic plan, specific project management and reporting duties, project fiscal tracking and management, workflow and business analysis and communication with small and large work teams of internal staff, external consultants and leadership.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides project leadership by acting as proxy or alternate to the Project Manager. This includes definition/monitoring of work on technical teams.
2. Leads implementation planning and GoLive of applications by ensuring documentation, testing of applications, and verifying that programs are functional and consistent with project specifications.
3. Assesses and interprets business, clinical, and end user needs and requirements and translates specific portions of business/clinical requirements into specific system requirements to ensure that programs are functional and consistent with project specifications. Analyses a variety of available programs to validate and evaluate consistency and functionality.
4. Assesses, interprets and documents end-to-end business and clinical workflows. Leads process/workflows optimization processes to ensure an ongoing and sustainable improvement of business or clinical workflows and processes in support of their goals and objectives.
5. Provides strategic planning support and change management services by performing benefits analysis, workflow and business analysis; using formal data gathering techniques; and analysing and implementing appropriate information systems. This includes identifying system deficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions through project deliverables.
6. Performs options analysis by developing and investigating ideas and opportunities that address requirements and challenges. Researches the impact of alternatives and assists in developing recommendations on business/clinical solutions to meet Island Health objectives.
7. In collaboration with subject matter experts and clinical area champions, develops and implements change management processes to document change needs and user readiness. Develops detailed change plans to support successful transition of system users from current to future state.
8. Liaises between systems development staff, management, leadership and clinical end-users to facilitate strategic planning support and change management services. Serves as a senior resource to other Analysts and Assistants on the project team and at client sites.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Health Informatics, Engineering, Statistics, Health Management or a related discipline, plus a minimum of seven (3) years’ recent related experience in healthcare with a particular focus on healthcare information technology.
Please submit resumes using our online tool: