Salus Systems is a local IT consulting firm that has been delivering IT services to our clients since 1994. Over the past 20 years, Salus has earned a reputation for delivering superior IT business solutions to federal and provincial governments, as well as the private sector, in a reliable, cost-effective, and professional manner. Salus is proud to offer our clients the following range of IT consulting services:
The Salus organization constantly strives to acquire new skills and knowledge in order to keep pace with the rapidly changing technology industry. As it grows, Salus aspires to remain an agile and adaptable organization that moves and evolves with the marketplace.
Job: Business Analyst (Intermediate Level)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Victoria, B.C. (with possibility of occasional travel within BC)
Status: Contractor – 15 to 35 hours / wk for one year (alternatively, there’s potential for a one year full time employment contract)
We currently have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Business Analyst for work on a variety of web application development and other IT projects for public and private sector clients. The individual in this position reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and documents business systems and user needs in order to assist with formulating IT systems and policies that reflect the client’s overall business strategies.
- Defines clients’ systems user needs through various information gathering methods, including: document reviews, interviews, questionnaire preparation and facilitation, and/or workshop facilitation
- Compiles results of information gathering activities and documents user needs and program functions
- Performs analysis of results of information gathering before describing possible options, including implications, costs, and benefits
- Presents and communicates information to end users and management in a timely and effective manner
- Prepares well-written documentation, including: business requirements, functional specifications, business process re-design, process/data flow diagrams, logical data models, testing plans, communications plans and materials, and other project documentation and training materials, as required
- Ensures business needs are clearly communicated within both internal and external workgroups
- Tracks the system requirements throughout the development life cycle to ensure criteria are met
- Identifies opportunities for product, operational, and system enhancements through workflow analysis
- Where applicable, ensures compliance to project management/systems development standards
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent work experience; Certification in Business Analysis preferred (CBAP, MCBA, ITIL)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Business Analyst position/role actively performing Business Analyst duties described above
- Demonstrated experience with System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies -utilizing waterfall or agile project methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to engage and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
Candidates meeting the criteria for the position should forward their resumes directly to the attention of the HR Manager by Email: email@example.com and should include ‘Business Analyst Feb 2014’ in the subject line.