Viking is a first tier original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specializing in de Havilland aircraft products. Viking is the type certificate holder for the DHC-2 Beaver,DHC-2T Turbo Beaver, DHC-3 Otter, DHC-6 Twin Otter, DHC-4 Caribou, DHC-5 Buffalo and DHC-7 Dash 7 aircraft.
Viking has 30 years of experience with de Havilland products.
In 2006, Viking accepted the transfer of the type certificates for seven legacy de Havilland aircraft. We are committed to de Havilland owners and operators worldwide to provide quality
parts and services.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Support TSRs and FSRs in providing world class service to customers, operators and maintainers of de Havilland aircraft. Participate in direct interaction with the customers and assist the Technical Support Manager in capturing the true voice of the customer. Participate in ATLAS modifications and ECN projects design and certification. Respond promptly to customer questions and requests.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Customer Communication: Act as the primary point of contact at Viking to all operators and maintainer’s requests for technical support which require engineering action. Respond promptly to customer questions and requests. Coordinate the provision of technical support and information with ATLAS technical support team. Always represent Viking in a professional and courteous manner in every communication with customers or prospective customers.
• Product Development: Work with Technical Support Manager and other Engineers on establishing regular communications with all customers, solicit aircraft operational feedback and capture the true voice of the customer. Participate as a member of the Product Development team in vetting all customer requests and suggestions for validity and feasibility and contribute to projects geared towards product improvement.
• ATLAS ECN Projects: Act as the primary point of contact for the development and certification of Modifications and ECN projects in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Viking DAO and ATLAS service standards. Support ATLAS Supply Chain and Viking manufacturing by identifying replacements for obsolete components and resolving manufacturing difficulties associated with non-production spare parts. The management of ongoing mod projects in accord with department priorities.
• R2E (Runway 2 Excellence) / Continual Improvement: Actively participate in ATLAS R2E program. Assist in the development of standard work for all CSR activities. Understand metrics that measure key performance parameters. Strive to achieve world class levels of customer service in every interaction our clients have with Viking through ATLAS.
• CAW Support: Support Continuing Airworthiness of the DHC fleet by participating in CAW projects and representing the voice of the customer.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor of Engineering – Aerospace or Mechanical
• 1-3 years of experience in aviation
• Experience with Engineering design and document revision
• Experience with Engineering change management
• Knowledge of aircraft design standards
• Understanding of aircraft service manuals structure
• Experience in aircraft production environment
• Good understanding of aircraft and various aircraft systems and structures
Interested applicants should apply to email@example.com