Viking is a first tier original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specializing in de Havilland aircraft products. Viking is the type certificate holder for the DHC-2 Beaver,DHC-2T Turbo Beaver, DHC-3 Otter, DHC-6 Twin Otter, DHC-4 Caribou, DHC-5 Buffalo and DHC-7 Dash 7 aircraft.
Viking has 30 years of experience with de Havilland products.
In 2006, Viking accepted the transfer of the type certificates for seven legacy de Havilland aircraft. We are committed to de Havilland owners and operators worldwide to provide quality
parts and services.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Support TSRs and FSRs in providing world class service to customers, operators and maintainers of de Havilland aircraft. Participate in direct interaction with the customers and assist the Technical Support Manager in capturing the true voice of the customer. Lead ATLAS modifications and ECN projects though design and certification. Respond promptly to customer questions and requests.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Customer Communication: Act as the primary point of contact at Viking to all operators and maintainer’s requests for technical support which require engineering action. Respond promptly to customer questions and requests. Coordinate the provision of technical support and information with ATLAS technical support team. Always represent Viking in a professional and courteous manner in every communication with customers or prospective customers.
• Product Development: Work with Technical Support Manager on establishing regular communications with all customers, solicit aircraft operational feedback and capture the true voice of the customer. Participate as a member of the Product Development team in vetting all customer requests and suggestions for validity and feasibility and lead projects geared towards product improvement.
• ATLAS ECN Projects: Act as the primary point of contact for the development and certification of Modifications and ECN projects in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Viking DAO and ATLAS service standards. The development of feasibility substantiation for proposed projects and working with the Technical Support Manager to prioritize proposed projects in order to maximize revenue return. The management of ongoing mod projects in accord with department priorities.
• R2E (Runway to Excellence) / Continual Improvement: Actively participate in ATLAS R2E program. Assist in the development of standard work for all CSR activities. Understand metrics that measure key performance parameters. Strive to achieve world class levels of customer service in every interaction our clients have with Viking through ATLAS.
• CAW Support: Support Continuing Airworthiness of the DHC fleet by participating in CAW projects and representing the voice of the customer.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor of Engineering – Aerospace or Electrical
• Eligible for certification as a Professional Engineer
• 5-7 years of experience in aviation
• Experience with avionics systems (digital and analog)
• Experience with glass cockpit
• Good understanding of Honeywell Primus Apex is an asset
• Experience with various aircraft systems (fuel system, hydraulic system, lighting, air conditioning, flight controls, power plant, etc.)
• Experience with aircraft electrical systems
• Experience with troubleshooting issues with avionics systems is an asset
• Good understanding of aircraft service manuals structure
• Experience with certification of aircraft modifications
• Good understanding of aircraft design standards and operating rules
• Experience with Engineering change management
• Experience in a customer support environment is an asset
• Experience in operations or maintenance environment is an asset
• Pilot’s license is an asset
Interested applicants should apply to email@example.com