Codan Limited designs and manufactures a range of high value added electronics products for global government, business, aid & humanitarian, public safety and security markets.
We are recruiting a Senior Accountant to join our established team based in Victoria B.C.
The key function for this full-time position is to provide efficient and reliable financial support (daily, monthly and year-end) as required for LMR business operations.
This includes management of local payroll and overseeing the verification of source documents for supplier payables and customer contact for accounts receivable follow-up.
Key areas for focus are:
• Oversee AP / AR function
• Manage and implement financial policies, systems and procedures
• Maintain credit management policies
• Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyses
• Administer the outsourced payroll and benefits programs
• Update employee payroll records
Ideal candidates bring:
• Post-secondary education in Accounting, Commerce, Business, or Finance (completion of degree or designation preferred)
• Recent, related experience in a similar position preferred
• Membership qualification of a professional accounting institute
• Experience in a multinational group reporting environment & manufacturing environment is an advantage
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, in particular excellent Excel skills
• Knowledge of ERIP systems required; Syspro preferred
• Effective team player with the ability to collaboratively achieve optimum business outcomes
• Creative problem-solving using initiative
• Commitment to deliver results
• Ability to interact with a diverse range of people throughout the business
• Some supervisory experience preferred.