About SilkStart: SilkStart (www.silkstart.com) is a Victoria BC based start-up, providing a SaaS platform to help member-based associations manage their online presence, events, and member constituents. Our goal is to disrupt the Association Services market by bringing modern, responsive, design to an industry that has not yet embraced mobile.
We’re a small company, but we’re growing. We're looking for people interested in getting into a start-up early, who want to own a piece of the business, and want to help define both our culture and our success. Come help us build a great team of talented, thoughtful, fun, and hard working people obsessed with making great products that are meaningful to customers.
SilkStart offers a truly flexible work environment, provides competitive salaries and significant employee equity (stock) in the company, meaning you own a real piece of the business you will help to build.
What we’re looking for? Are you a talented Front End Developer with good design skills who wants to take the lead in the development of our Website and SaaS application? Are you a smart, passionate, results-oriented individual who thrives in a customer focused start-up environment? Do you want to work somewhere that appreciates your hard work, values your contribution, and lets you do meaningful work? If so, SilkStart has the job you’ve been looking for.
The Role: In this start-up role you will have a broad set of responsibilities and directly contribute to the overall success of the company. You will own the customer experience including the design and development of both our online Website and the frontend of our SaaS application, plus anything else you want to polish to perfection.
What you’ll be doing:
• Lead the design and development of ongoing improvements to our customer facing Website.
• Lead the design and development of an improved UI/UX for our existing SaaS service, including but not limited to taking the product in a new direction to address Web 2.0 and mobile usability through responsive design.
• Proactively identifying gaps and continuously work to improve the overall customer experience.
• Balancing what looks great with data driven decisions from customer feedback and A/B testing.
• Extending the automated test suite to cover new features.
• Quickly fixing bugs and solving problems as they come up.
• Smart. You don’t need a degree but you do need to be smart. We’re going to give you ownership of the most important area of our business, the customer experience, and expect great work.
• Good Attitude. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This is not a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team that all pitches in to get the job done.
• Customer Obsessed: You always think about the customer and how design and UI/UX decisions impact them.
• Hustle. You like a fast paced, results oriented environment. You possess a strong desire to just get things done.
• Self-Directed. You’re Independently driven, being resourceful to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Relevant Technical Skills:
o Demonstrated ability in HTML and CSS (SASS or LESS) combined with some Web Design Skills.
o Experience in at least one templating language (we use python MAKO templates & underscore js templates).
o Experience with ongoing UX/UI web development of SaaS applications.
o Experience with CMS Design.
• Ideally you’re also familiar with server-side technologies and back-end frameworks.
• Familiarity with lean startup and agile development practices.
Does this sound like you? If yes, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thanks for your interest in SilkStart!