About SilkStart: SilkStart (www.silkstart.com) is a Victoria BC based start-up, providing a SaaS platform to help member-based associations manage their online presence, events, and member constituents. Our goal is to disrupt the Association Services market by bringing modern, responsive, design to an industry that has not yet embraced mobile.
We’re a small company, but we’re growing. We're looking for people interested in getting into a start-up early, who want to own a piece of the business, and want to help define both our culture and our success. Come help us build a great team of talented, thoughtful, fun, and hard working people obsessed with making great products that are meaningful to customers.
SilkStart offers a truly flexible work environment, provides competitive salaries and significant employee equity (stock) in the company, meaning you own a real piece of the business you will help to build.
What we’re looking for? Are you an experienced and talented Developer? Are you a smart, self-directed, results-oriented individual who thrives in a customer focused start-up environment? Do you want to work somewhere that appreciates your hard work, values your contribution, and lets you do meaningful work? If so, SilkStart has the job you’ve been looking for.
The Role: In this start-up role you will have a broad set of responsibilities and directly contribute to the overall success of the company. You will own everything including system architecture, research and analysis, product design, and coding.
What you’ll be doing:
• Lead the design and development of new features and improving the functionality of our platform.
• Researching new technologies and methods and suggesting new ways to improve the company’s products and processes.
• Extending the automated test suite to cover new features.
• Quickly fixing bugs and solving problems as they come up by diving deeply and doing root cause analysis.
• Proactively identifying gaps and continuously working to improve the overall customer experience.
• Contributing to the development of an improved UI/UX.
• Assisting in the onboarding of new Customers to our platform.
• Smart. You don’t need a CS degree but you need to be smart. We’re going to expect you to quickly learn a lot of new stuff. We’re also going to give you autonomy on several important areas of our business and expect great work.
• Good Attitude. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. This is not a ‘that’s not my job’ or ‘I don’t know how to do that’ environment. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team that all pitches in to get the job done.
• Great Communicator. You’re comfortable communicating with both the business and tech teams and our customers.
• Self-Directed. You’re Independently driven, being resourceful to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Lots of Hustle. You like a fast paced, results oriented environment. You possess a strong bias for action, and desire to get things done.
• Customer Obsessed. You always think about the customer and how development impacts them.
• Relevant Technical Skills:
o Proficiency in a variety of server side technologies and programming languages (we use Python, Celery, Stripe, NGINX, & Sendgrid just to name a few), including database expertise (we use Mongo DB).
o Proficiency with automated testing tools (we use selenium).
o Ability to write clean maintainable code.
o Experience working with and building web services.
• Solid understanding of agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum.
• Experience with templating languages (we use python MAKO templates & underscore js templates).
• Experience with CMS Design.
• Experience helping build development teams from the ground up.
Does this sound like you? If yes, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thanks for your interest in SilkStart!