Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Carmanah Technologies Corporation specializes in energy-efficient signaling and illumination products as well as mobile and grid-tie power systems. Carmanah offers products and solutions that are engineered to handle the world's most demanding environmental conditions; and use renewable energy that operates reliably year round with little or no maintenance.
As one of the most trusted names in solar technology, Carmanah has earned a reputation for delivering strong and effective products for industrial applications worldwide. If you want to join an award-winning, clean-energy company, Carmanah is the place to be! Join Carmanah and help us put solar to work™.
Reporting to the Division Manager, the Sales Manager is responsible for sales growth in their Lighting Division vertical. The Sales Manager will enhance relationships by developing a strong rapport with existing and prospective distributors, partners and clients, making the most of each marketing and sales opportunity by providing quality customer service and strong technical knowledge. The position will work in collaboration with the entire Carmanah sales team to identify opportunities to cross sell Carmanah products within other regions.
To perform successfully in this quota bearing role, the Sales Manager will be customer and sales-focused as a top priority. The Sales Manager will work with Carmanah teams to ensure all sales efforts are successful and aligned with corporate goals and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for obtaining profitable sales results in the assigned region and/or territory.
• Responsible for managing a sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting Carmanah’s presence.
• Manage relationships with the network of Carmanah distributors in assigned region and/or territory.
• Effectively manage the entire sales cycle processes including required reporting and forecasting activities.
• Research, identify and directly contact all relevant stake holders, specifiers and buying decision makers at all levels of influence to introduce and market the applicable Carmanah products.
• Identify and initiate contact with relevant individuals within engineering companies, integrator / contractors and OEMs to identify programs, projects and opportunities that have potential to generate revenues.
• Prepare and present educational seminars, sales presentations and system demonstrations for the application of our solutions, products and technology to end-users, distributors, engineers, integrators, contractors and OEM’s as they may apply.
• Communicate new sales ideas and feedback in order to generate and share new ideas, initiatives and products across the sales team, product development and marketing groups.
• Work closely with other members of the sales team to enhance sales effectiveness, internally and externally and to contribute to overall sales development by collaborating with other teams.
• 6+ years proven industry experience with strong sales and marketing background, in a technology environment or emerging industry with lighting knowledge.
• Proven face to face, business to business sales and customer development skills that are capable of working at the most senior levels with our target market decision makers.
• Knowledge of LED lighting and solar industry and affiliated products and market is imperative.
• Experience in contract negotiation.
• Strong ability to build strong relationships with distributors, partners, and customers with a strong commitment to service excellence.
• Strong external customer and internal company communication skills.
• 4 year university degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
• Aptitude for electrical and mechanical systems.
• Strong ability to grasp technical theories. Formal technical training not mandatory but would be a good secondary attribute to possess.
• Must be comfortable in dealing with senior management as well as front line technical staff.
• Possess an ability to build and maintain a strong level of knowledge on products, customer needs and services, as well as an understanding of local competitive market needs.
• Proven ability to suggest or develop creative product marketing programs based on local market needs and cultures.
• Ability to travel broadly, worldwide, 25% of the time.
• Highly proficient with PC business software including, Word, Outlook, Excel etc.
We are hiring local candidates only for this position.
Please apply on-line with Resume and Cover Letter to http://carmanah.com/company/careers/job-postings
We look forward to hearing from you.