DR systems inc. is looking for someone who is detail oriented, committed, and understands the entire process from conception to completion for application design. You should able to work independently as well as in a team and be able to deliver on tight deadlines and last minute changes. You can solve complex problems, escalate issues and keep a sound mind and positive attitude through it all.
We provide software and consulting to the forest industry so some understanding of the industry would be good but is not essential.
Work would include assisting with the development of a forestry data collection package using desktop PCs, SQL Server, N-tier service architecture and Windows Mobile 6/6.5 platforms. In addition, you may also wok on other existing desktop, mobile and web application systems. Work on these programs would include maintenance (e.g. bug fixes and enhancements) and possibly migration to new languages/platforms. Existing languages and platforms include FoxPro, SQL Server and Ruby on Rails.
This job is a 6 month contract for full time work and is based in Nanaimo, BC. The intention is to extend this contract to a permanent position.
BS or Diploma in CS or related field, solid fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and design.
•Experience developing software applications (desktop, web, etc.) for commercial use
• Proficient C# and WinForms application development
• Familiar with Microsoft development tools
• Love technology and are proactively working to stay ahead of the latest in hardware and software developments.
• Proven ability to code quickly and accurately
• Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Multi-tier design
• Experience in functional and QA testing methodologies
• Experience with a source control system (Visual Source Safe or other)
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Familiarity with server/network administration and troubleshooting
• Experience with database management and security (MS SQL, MySql, Oracle)
Extras and future skill requirements:
• Proficient in modern web development technologies such as ASP.Net, JavaSscript, Ruby on Rails, JSON, JQuery, HTML
• Knowledge of Microsoft and/or Linux-based server technologies.
• Ability to deploy code and set up a web server for production use.
• Familiarity with Android development
• Some knowledge of Microsoft Compact Framework 6.5 or older development.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com