Archipelago Marine Research Ltd., established in 1978, is a Victoria-based consulting firm specializing in national and international commercial fisheries monitoring and marine environmental assessment services. Archipelago is a recognized world leader in the development and delivery of fisheries monitoring programs and monitoring technology.
Archipelago offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes; health and dental benefits package, health care and wellness spending account, and RRSP contributions. We have a socially responsible and flexible corporate culture, and provide training and development opportunities for our employees.
Archipelago’s Information Technology Team has responsibility for all corporate computing hardware and commercial software infrastructure as well as for access to and security for all data on Archipelago’s system(s).
We are currently looking for a self-starter who will work with staff across divisions and offices. The Systems Support Technician is primarily responsible for Help Desk services, as well as maintenance, upgrading, and troubleshooting within the organization’s client computing environment (i.e. workstations). This position is the primary point of contact for all information technology support related issues.
This position is based on a 37.5 hour week, but some evening, weekend and on-call work may be required.
• Provide Tier 1 Help Desk Support to all AMR staff and contract workers.
• Ensure confidentiality with all user data and follow all security and administrative procedures and policies of the organization.
• Helps end users with computer hardware, commercial software and custom applications
• Monitors and uses incident tracking system to log incoming support requests
• Provides basic training on commercial products or new applications to staff
• Provides administrative and technical assistance to AMR 2nd tier support staff and other staff when required
• Researches, troubleshoots, tests and implements solutions to issues with workstations and network peripherals
• Maintains inventory of hardware, software and associated licenses
• Purchases, maintains, configures and upgrades workstations including set up with standard software
• Supports the Systems Administrator in managing user accounts in accordance with AMR IT Policies and Procedures
• Supports the Systems Administrator in maintaining communications such as email, internet, VPN and FTP
• Provides orientation to new users of existing technology and IT resources
• Organizes disposal of hardware with outside organization and/or recycle
• Willingness to travel to our satellite offices in BC
• A degree or diploma in Computer Science field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent time management, task planning, and prioritization skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Required experience:
o Windows 7
o Setting up and cloning workstations
• Beneficial experience:
o VMWare ESX Enterprise/vSphere virtual environments
o Active Directory
o Microsoft Exchange Server
Email or fax your resume with salary expectations to:
Archipelago Marine Research Ltd.
525 Head Street, Victoria, BC, Canada V9A 5S1
Fax: (250) 383-0103 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.