In this newly created role, the ideal candidate has a positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn about our business and clients. An outstanding leader and communicator, this individual will cultivate and develop members of their team while achieving results across a variety of service areas in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. This individual is a hands-on manager that can move easily between operational tasks, client management, team leadership, and project management.
This position is based in beautiful Victoria, BC and offers a unique opportunity for a results-oriented individual who has a passion for developing successful teams, driving process and getting things done!
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of divisional operations
- Coordination of activities between service areas and project managers to ensure the highest quality of service is being provided and project objectives met
- Ensures the delivery of goods and services to clients are either met or exceeded by establishing direction, aligning people and resources, assigning responsibilities, developing timeframes and ensuring accountability across the division.
- Supervision of three services area leads and management of the successful integration of multi-disciplined team functions
- Refine, develop and implement shared and consistent processes and documentation within the division to streamline work flow and create efficiencies
- Work with the Divisional Project Accountant to design and implement quality controls and systems for division
- Work with the Divsional Director and Project Accountant analyze workflow and assignments to ensure efficient/cost effective operations and develops/implements processes and improvements to meet such needs
- Responsible for the oversight of recruitment, hiring and training of operational staff
- Work with other business divisional managers with regards to staff sharing and cross training to ensure the EM coverage levels are maintained and to allow for the extension of work opportunities for EM staff
- Management of subcontractors as required
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- 5 - 7 years' operations experience of increasing responsibility
- Direct work experience in a project management capacity including all aspects of process development and execution
- Leadership/management level experience, preferably in a team environment. Suitable experience includes, but is not limited to the following;
- Managing, leading or supervising a work unit
- Responsible for operational performance
- Responsible for achieving customer services standards
- Results oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven track record for implementing process controls and metrics
- Understand and demonstrate a competent level of knowledge of the project management process, service delivery and financial and administration functions of a division
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to inspire innovation and continuous service quality improvement
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Experience with coaching and guiding staff toward improved performance
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in both informal setting and formal presentations
Starting wage will be commensurate with experience. Archipelago offers a compensation package that includes: health and dental benefits package, health care and wellness spending account, and RRSP contributions. We have a socially responsible and flexible corporate culture, and provide training and development opportunities for our employees.