At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI, a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in Victoria BC to provide leading IT services to our local clients. We are seeking an intermediate-senior level .NET resource with a minimum of five years of experience working with the following technologies:
* .NET 2.0/ 4.0 with some additional technologies, such as Java or Sharepoint
* SQL skills (Microsoft SQL Server) and/or Oracle
* Web Development and Web Service Development (ASP.NET /WCF Web Services / WCF Data Services
* XML, XSLT and Xpath
* Visual Basic 6.0
* Crystal Reports
* C/C++ desired but not required
* Designing, estimating, coding and testing intermediate to complex programs
* Enhancing, diagnosing and improving complex and undocumented code
* Performing application programming assignments, typically maintenance or modification of existing systems on a .NET platform.
* Preparing detailed specifications for programs
* Solving problems
* Interacting with clients
* Participating in multiple assignments at the same time
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Successfully graduated from a 2 year diploma program or better in Computer Science/Information Technology
* A minimum of 5 years related IT experience Web Services, XML, SQL, C# and .NET
* Experience in analysis, design and maintenance or development of application systems using the technologies described
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* The ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
* The ability to work in a team environment
* The ability to perform successfully under limited supervision
* Quick learner who can come up in a very short period of time working with intermediate/complex systems and technologies
* The ability to make architectural improvements/recommendations.
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
To apply, please go to our website: http://www.cgi.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.