Broadstreet Properties Ltd. offers its employees a diverse, dynamic work environment and potential for career advancement. Once again we are expanding and we require an energetic, motivated and career-minded Budget Analyst be responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial models and accounting concepts or techniques for financial planning. Additional responsibilities will include conducting studies to analyze financial actions, preparing recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action, analysis of project information to determine present and future financial performance as well as identification of trends and recommendations for according improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Lead Business Analyst by performing regular and ad hoc analysis in a timely and rigorous fashion
- Reviewing data quality and reporting on data trends
- Providing vital project management information to a busy Operations Division
- Assisting in design and implementation of project and workflow improvement initiatives
- Manages Cost Accounting/Analysis
- Lead monthly status meeting and program reporting
- Analyzes cost centre detail and explains variances
- Prepares monthly and year-to-date financial reports; to be distributed to management.
- Forecasting and Budget accountability
- Tracking and monitoring of results
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and advanced problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and a keen eye for quantitative and qualitative anomalies
- Demonstrated success in working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of incoming tasks with varied deadlines
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access, Basic Accounting
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven understanding of GAAP
Credentials and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with a proven record of academic success with technical courses and/or experience preferred (not required)
- 2 year diploma minimum (Business Management, Project Management, CSC, other as applicable)
- Minimum 2 years combined experience in finance and project analysis
- Preference given to candidates with demonstrated knowledge and experience generating and maintaining complex automated reporting facilities.
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is experiencing tremendous growth. We offer competitive wages and benefits in an environment where you are encouraged to learn and grow! Do not miss this opportunity to join a growing company with endless possibilities – Apply Now!