At GameHouse, we believe it’s good to game! As the largest developer, publisher, and distributor of casual games, we offer more games and more ways to play them - all across the expansive mix of channels including online, download, smartphone, tablets, and leading social networks. We also power some of the world’s most popular game destinations including www.gamehouse.com, www.zylom.com, and www.atrativa.com.
Our GameHouse Canada studio, located in spectacular Victoria B.C., is dedicated to making fun and rewarding social games that connect players with their friends and families. Our top-rated games on Facebook and Google+ include Adventure Slots, Let’s Make A Deal, Collapse! Blast, UNO® Boost, and more.
Our GameHouse Canada studio, located in spectacular Victoria B.C., is dedicated to making fun and rewarding social games that connect players with their friends and families. Our top-rated Mobile and Facebook games include GameHouse Slots, Collapse! Blast, Delicious! If you are an expert in Linux and are up for a challenge to help build and operate a scalable game server platform for both social and mobile games, then please read on.
What you will own, manage and be accountable for:
- Manage, maintain and support the hardware, software, and services that comprise our proprietary gaming platform
- Promoting system reliability and efficiency by creating and implementing system standards and operational best practices
- Providing technical input on design and administration decisions platforms
- Facilitating the planning of system and feature upgrades
- Providing documentation and communicating issues to business and technical
Candidates must possess:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years managing UNIX/Linux based systems or equivalent
- Building and maintaining virtual infrastructure
- Working directly with Engineering designing and building reliable, scalable systems
- Troubleshooting issues with applications, network and hardware
Ideal candidates will offer:
- Experience with high volume server applications
- Ability to configure and tune LAMP and Java applications
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or related tools for configuration management.
- Experience with TeamCity, Jenkins or related tools for build management.
- Load Balancer experience
- LDAP and DNS experience
- Understanding of MySQL high availability, performance, replication and backups
- Experience with general system scripting and automation
- Strong understanding of network management and related monitoring tools
- Startup Attitude
- Rotating as on-call quarterback for our very few incidents we have outside of office hours
- Leveraging automation so you minimize the busy work, so you can focus on the
Please apply to: https://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/jobvite.aspx?b=nL23XnwF
Candidates not currently residing in Victoria must be willing to relocate. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
GameHouse, a division of RealNetworks, Inc. (www.realnetworks.com), is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.