Hundreds of organizations around the world rely on Geocortex software by Latitude Geographics to design, develop and maintain web-based mapping applications. We believe geographic information over the web can empower people to make better decisions about their lives, society and the world around us. You can help us make a difference.
Do you have a passion for design? Does your portfolio inspire and impress others? Do you get excited when you’re working with an intuitive user interface? Alternatively, do poorly designed websites and software products drive you crazy? If so, you may be a great candidate for our UI/UX Designer role.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional visual design skills who is adept at solving interactive problems. Someone who understands there’s much more to design than aesthetic appeal. We’re looking for someone with strong vision and keen attention to detail.
In this position, you’ll be involved in both internal development projects and external client projects, from concept to completion. From designing software interfaces to icon creation, you’ll find each day provides new creative challenges and experiences. You’ll work with a team of exceptional software developers to help develop and deliver cutting edge technology.
This position offers the opportunity to build new skills and gain experience in a young, dynamic, and growing company with an evolving design team. Depending on the overall skill set, we’re interested in candidates at all experience levels. We’re looking for the right fit for the role and the team.
In-house duties may include:
• Storyboard user interfaces for new software applications
• Assist with building and implementing the user interface, coordinating with backend developers for any advanced functionality.
• Brand/iconography design and development
• Administration and design of corporate websites
Client-specific duties may include:
• Work directly with clients to assess their needs and meet their requirements
• Design customized interfaces for mapping applications based on client needs
• Write and implement help content for customized applications
• Create custom graphics/user interfaces for client applications
• Gathering and incorporating client feedback on user interface and application design
• Creativity, talent, attention to detail.
• A great portfolio that showcases deep visual and interaction design skills.
• Demonstrable skills in visual communication, layout, typography, iconography, color harmony, branding & UI design.
• The ability to clearly articulate your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf.
• The experience and aptitude to combine design (artistry) with implementation (engineering) to take a concept all the way through to a finished product.
• Knowledge in multiple form factor, cross-device, and cross-platform usability, development, and testing is an asset.
• Knowledge of geography, GIS, and Internet mapping an asset.
If you think you have skills that would match our needs, we'd like to hear from you.
Please apply here: https://latitudegeo.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4.
For more information about the company, please visit www.latitudegeo.com.