At ICBC, we're driven to ensure the well-being of drivers. We're working to keep rates as low as possible and provide hassle-free service. We proactively partner to reduce crashes and loss. Success depends on our employees. We are privileged to work with talented and dedicated people who do important work every day for B.C. drivers. Our team needs the passion, energy and initiative of people looking for a career built on making a real difference.
The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) is one of BC's largest corporations and one of Canada’s largest property and casualty (P&C) insurers. We have made a significant investment in business systems transformation in order to ensure we provide market-leading customer experience delivery and improve brokers’ ease of doing business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager Testing Services to join our Testing Services team in Victoria ensuring our testing and quality assurance methodologies combined with industry best practices add value to the Corporation by supporting solution delivery.
You will be an integral team member of the software development and support management team, and will take responsibility for managing the operations of a department responsible for all aspects of the delivery of effective testing and quality assurance services:
• Working with key delivery partners, both internal and external, to ensure that the testing practice aligns with our methodologies and best practice;
• Collaborating with development, business and systems analysts teams to develop comprehensive test strategies for the delivery of software solutions;
• Managing the allocation of resources to projects based on skills, knowledge and ability, and supporting and mentoring team members to deliver quality solutions;
• Supporting production software solutions with a sound test approach and delivery of testing services as issues arise;
• Championing the testing practice, ensuring testing practice complies with the organization’s standards and methodologies, and supporting continuous improvement of the testing practices to meet the changing needs of the organization.
To make an immediate contribution in this key role, you will bring:
• Demonstrated success leading testing teams and inspiring them to take accountability for delivering effective and efficient services;
• A pragmatic approach to translating corporate procedures into actions that deliver effective products and services to the Corporation's customers;
• Extensive experience with testing practices and principles, and deep knowledge of best practices and emerging trends and changes within the testing domain;
• Working understanding and experience with software product design and project management practices, along with all the associated aspects of testing delivery within the SDLC;
• Demonstrated experience managing the day-to-day Test Services operations, including recruitment and performance management, and managing the department budget.
Your undergraduate degree or designation in a technical/business field or an equivalent combination of education and related work, combined with your ability to build collaborative working relationships and influence and negotiate productive outcomes, has prepared you to make a strong contribution in this role.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
If you’re ready to join a driven team, we’d love to hear from you. For full details on this and all other current positions visit www.icbc.com.
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.
We invite you to apply online icbc.com: https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_app...