Established in 2008, KANO/APPS (www.kanoapps.com) is a profitable and growing Canadian company that creates social games. KANO/APPS knows how to connect people through play, and that's why our games have earned a loyal fan base encompassing millions of worldwide players across multiple social networks like Facebook and Myspace. Our team of bright, talented and creative engineers, designers and artists work in a beautifully restored heritage building in downtown Victoria, British Columbia and we represent the brightest in a new, thriving online culture and the leading edge of the social gaming industry.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our company blog at www.kanoapps.com/blog!
Our goal is simple: To build a vibrant and thriving community around fun and engaging social games.
KANO/APPS is hiring a Development Manager. This candidate will work to successfully manage our game development teams. KANO/APPS is a fast moving company and this role is key to delivering successful projects on time and budget.
The Development Manager's duty will primarily be to plan and execute development projects against Product Owner roadmaps. It is important that a successful candidate be able to multi-task, and possess strong communication and organizational skills.
KANO/APPS is a data driven product focused company and as such, tactical planning can change rapidly. Successful candidates must be able to quickly react and re-prioritize based on quick pivot changes.
- Develop project plans and scheduling around objectives and team bandwidth - Work with stakeholders and project resources
- Monitor and manage the project budget and risks
- Deal with operational issues
- Report to management, raising strategic issues
- Organize meetings and prepare project status/change reports
- Ensure projects meet requirements and objectives
- Manage developers and look after their interests
- Negotiate and resolve project issues
- Maintain project documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or possessing equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in development management for consumer facing web based products (preferably games)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working on and managing enterprise scale projects
- Experience with managing SR&ED claims
- Agile SCRUM experience a plus
- Detailed knowledge of internet technologies, thorough understanding of eCommerce, online marketing, web analytics and security
- Implementation experience within data center experience in one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience in managing small, mid and large-scale projects,including data center migration projects
- Experience with large data center, IT infrastructure and network projects
- Experience in problem solving, process improvement methods, and business re-engineering methods
- Ability to define project management processes, tools and templates as required for the project
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with technical team members
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize tasks efficiently with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while coordinating several projects at a time and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Accountable and reliable
- Professional presentation
- Team Player
- Ability to work on live and relevant projects that are seen by millions of users worldwide
- Awesome culture (e.g. Paintballing, Hackathons, BEvERage Fridays, Video Games, Tornado T-3000 Foosball Table, Espresso Coffee)
- Personal laptops, 24 inch monitors and Herman Miller Aerons (yes, we care about your back)
- Health and dental benefits
Apply here: http://www.kanoapps.com/apply-now/