As an Intermediate Database Developer, you will be joining our Product Development team and be on the forefront of advancing CAD design for the marine industry. In this role, you will work through all facets of software development: design, prototype, implementation, testing and documentation.
• A degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• A thorough understanding of C++, C# and/or other object-oriented programming languages
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to take direction and work well as a team member
• Desire to learn
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and adaptive learning skills
• The ability to be adaptable and work effectively on multiple changing projects
• Enjoys working with a skilled team, and feels a sense of ownership and pride in the team's work product
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to lead by example
• Relocation to Victoria, BC, plus valid Canadian work permit is required
• Strong C++ and C# programming skills.
• Experience with implementing a web service application
• Agile development experience
• 5+ years experience in C++, C# and/or other object-oriented programming languages.
• 5+ years experience in T-SQL and SQL Server
• 2+ years .NET Development experience
• Experience with Computer Aided Design software.
• Knowledge of design patterns, complex data structures and algorithms.
SSI offers a competitive salary in the range of $50K - $60K per annum; commensurate with skills and experience, a full benefit package and a profit sharing program.
All interested candidates should apply with a cover letter indicating the position you are applying for and your salary expectations to HR@ssi-corporate.com. We thank all applicants for your interest in SSI. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.