At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
This is a great opportunity to become an employee of the CGI Group in Victoria to provide leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking Business Analysts who have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in an IT environment, including 2 years of application development experience in business analysis in health or portal and/or government environments.
Those who have applied to earlier postings are encouraged to re-apply.
- Determine through reading documentation and interactive sessions with clients the business needs to be satisfied by new or enhanced IT applications.
- Use business process and data modeling techniques and tools to capture and analyze requirements.
- Design business processes and procedures.
- Formally document findings and present proposed solutions to clients
- Write high level functional specifications.
- Prepare and maintain project deliverables according to CGI's ISO certified processes.
- Play a lead role in the development of business requirements documentation.
- Facilitation and leadership skills to organize group sessions
- Assist in sizing, resource estimates, scope and requirements for a variety of projects.
May be required to:
- Assist in developing project plans for the related tasks of a project.
- Assist in designing logical and physical data models.
- Lead or participate in JAD sessions.
- Develop and execute test cases.
- Provide application training.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Successfully completed a recognized 2-year technical diploma or a university degree program in Computer Science/Information Technology,
- A minimum of 5 years related IT experience,
- Superior interpersonal, leadership skills,
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills,
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities,
- Ability to work in a team environment,
- Ability to perform successfully under limited supervision, and
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making abilities.
- 5 years or more post graduate related IT experience
- Superior interpersonal skills in order to interact with clients and team members
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Business process analysis and modeling
- Requirements, Methodology and Analysis experience in large business or government application development or maintenance environments
Nice to have skills:
- Microsoft Visio
- Data modeling
- Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Microsoft Project
- Experience with Web Based Development
To apply, please go to our website: http://www.cgi.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.