FTS Forest Technology Systems Ltd. is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of rugged, easy to use, environmental monitoring systems that help monitor the world’s remote natural environments. FTS is a profitable, growing, privately-held Victoria-based company with a proven 25-year track record of excellence in our industry. FTS is an active member of VIATEC and is in their top 25 listed companies. Please visit our website at www.ftsenvironmental.com for a complete overview of our company.
FTS has an outstanding opportunity for a production technologist to join our manufacturing team. You must be an Electronics Technologist or an experienced Technician, with experience in a high tech, remote monitoring environment.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellence in quality fabrication, integration and test of remote environmental monitoring systems. Responsibilities will include system installation, servicing, assembly, testing, troubleshooting, calibration, configuration, system integration and other related activities. Preferred skills include good manual dexterity, high reliability soldering, strong mechanical aptitude and good computer knowledge.
Candidates must have good interpersonal communication skills, be a strong team player and exhibit excellent customer relation skills. We will provide a comprehensive training program and give you as much responsibility as you are ready for, helping you grow into more challenging positions.
· Be the primary resource for the manufacture, integration and testing of FTS products;
· Provide both hardware & software technical support to FTS customers and employees as required;
· Follow quality system controlled processes, complete test and job listing records within the Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system;
· An electronics technologist qualification or equivalent, or;
· An electronics technician qualification with a minimum 5 years experience in a similar industry;
· Have a demonstrated track record of performing diligent and accurate work;
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
· Strong understanding of computer systems and database use;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Knowledge or training on ISO9001 based quality management systems is desirable;
· Display a professional and customer focused approach to technical support;
· Have experience in product testing and electronic system integration.
The successful candidate must be an experienced and a quality focused individual ready to multitask in a challenging and fast paced environment. If you strive for excellence, like to work as part of a dynamic organization then consider joining our team.
Please reply in confidence via e-mail with a covering letter, your resume, and your salary expectations to HR (email@example.com).
Please note that only those applicants who are selected for interview will be notified.