Location: Victoria, BC
Start Date: August 18th, 2014
Job Type: Full-Time
Tutela Technologies is looking for an exceptional Android developer for a unique entrepreneurial position. The candidate will be working as part of an award winning development team to build and integrate new product solutions. The chosen developer will be a key part of Tutela’s core software development team, and will be responsible for short development cycles and frequent updates to Tutela’s mobile applications and SDKs. Candidates applying for this position should have a good understanding of Android application development.
- Design and implement Android mobile applications.
- Perform application development, unit testing, quality assurance and production support.
- Provide and adhere to best-practices for Android development.
- Maintain build system, tools, and re-usable components.
- Gather functional requirements to generate technical design specifications and build mobile applications.
Tutela is looking for individuals interested in immersing themselves within a truly fast paced, high growth industry. Apply today and come join us at the leading edge of modern network innovation.
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience in a work related field/discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of development experience, 1 or more years of experience developing mobile applications for Android, BlackBerry, and/or iPhone.
- Quick learner
- Superior attention to detail
- Able to adjust and pivot during the product development cycle
- Team player but also independent when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience with the Android SDK and Android application development
- Experience with the Android NDK is preferable
- Familiar with the Eclipse IDE and ADT plugin
- Strong knowledge and development skills using: Java, JSON, and SQLite
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- A strong grasp of object oriented programming principles and algorithm design
- Familiar with Agile software development
- Ability to articulate clearly the intent behind your design concepts and have confidence in your work
- Experience in C & C++
- Exposure to JNI
- Experience with Android Media Player
- Experience with FFMPEG and/or other native Android media players.
- Knowledge of OpenMAX (AL, IL)
- Experience with Stagefright, NuPlayer, Awesome Player