The Desktop Support Specialist applies a broad and in-depth working knowledge of information technology products and services to more complex assignments and assists more experienced staff in the application of technical concepts, practices and procedures. The incumbent generally is a member of a quick-response customer support team and works with clients over the phone and onsite to troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose and engage appropriate technical resources to resolve client issues. The incumbent operates independently to provide prompt and professional desktop service through quick processing and prioritization of a variety of problems.
REPRESENTATIVE PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures the most complex customer issues are promptly addressed, documented and resolved in a timely and professional manner consistent with the highest customer service and professional / technical standards.
2. Briefs customers as well as management on the status of current resolution efforts and attends daily/weekly meetings.
3. Maintains daily tickets and reports to ensure the highest service levels are maintained.
4. Serves as technical advisor, providing front telephone, remote desktop, and onsite desktop support for system users with complex issues by resolving or conferring with the appropriate technical or systems personnel.
5. Initiates tracking and reporting of issues, as well as recommends means for system improvement including procedural steps, increased training, and enhanced documentation.
6. Serves as a mentor to lower level helpdesk technicians providing guidance during the troubleshooting process, training on new products and assistance in the development of their skills.
7. Performs on Call work after hours (24/7) as needed to resolve technical issues and meet service level agreements.
8. Performs other duties as requested
Education and Typical Years of Experience:
· Associate’s degree in Computer Technology/ MCDST/ MCTS (Windows 7)/ A+ certification or equivalent work experience in desktop support and customer service environments.
· 2+ years progressively responsible experience, demonstrating in-depth working knowledge with a broad range of desktop support technology and best practices.
· Strong demonstrated analytical and creative problem solving skills.
· Computer literate with proficiency in information systems and software applications.
· Good customer service orientation and appreciation of role as Xerox representative
· Windows XP/ 7 installation and deployment
· SCCM OSD, ImageX imaging or similar desktop imaging technology
· Office 2003/ 2007/2010 installation and support
· Lotus Notes Support
· Novell file and print service support
· Nuance eScan support
· McAfee Virus Scan 8.7i / Symantec Antivirus installation and support
· Printer support
· Blackberry/ iPhone/ iPad support and configuration
· Windows wireless support
· Batch file creation and VB scripting
· Multiple vendor desktop and laptop support
· Remedy or equivalent ticket management system experience
· System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) reports/ software automation
· Cisco/ Avaya IP phone configuration
· Perform Weekly server tape backup procedures
· Hands on support for server/ network/ telecom equipment
Please send resumes and cover letter to Juliette.Adida@xerox.com