Helm Operations develops intuitive operations and compliance software for the workboat industry. Helm CONNECT is our flagship product. Whether it’s managing safety and compliance, doing preventive maintenance work, generating billing, or overseeing operations, Helm CONNECT gives you the information you need to do your job. It's the workboat industry’s first app-based, web-based, workflow-based software system designed through user experience principles, which makes it intuitive and easy to use by everyone in a workboat company, from the crew right down to the CEO.
Is it possible to love a job? We think so. That’s why our team has been together so long. Sure, it could be the fun events we host every month, or the laughter overheard in the hallway every day, or even the values we all share like teamwork, humility, fun and commitment. But it could also be the challenge and joy of working for a software company that is really going somewhere. Yes, it’s possible to love a job, especially when it loves you right back.
We specialize in developing operations software, called Helm CONNECT, which is used by marine transportation companies across the world, and right at home here on Vancouver Island. We seek relationships with customers and employees that are based on respect, hard work, transparency, teamwork, and a little fun, too. In our opinion, that’s what makes a great relationship. Our brand promise is to connect the marine industry like no other technology company, so we strive to make our software, service and culture reflect that promise. After all, if our software is hard to use and we don’t like working together, how can we expect to thrive?
We are searching for a highly motivated front end developer with a passion for both modern visual design and front end engineering to join a cross function team of UX Designers, QA Analysts, Developers and Team Leads.
• Participate fully in the activities of a Scrum-centric development team
• Design and code world class web-based applications
Critical Success Factors:
• Love of software development and the possibilities of technology to change the world
• Desire to ship great products
• Desire to learn the Helm product suite and understand how it works for our many customer businesses
• Actively support Helm’s core values: fun, resourcefulness, teamwork, humility, respect, and commitment and participate in company events when possible.
• Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or equivalent experience
• Aptitude for practical problem solving and visual aesthetics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply, visit: Helm Careers - Developer