North Island College provides high quality, affordable higher education and skills training in a spectacular west-coast setting. We strive to inspire and prepare students for success in a rapidly changing world, and we are recognized for our innovative programs, community support, and commitment to education.
College facilities include four campuses and three centres. We serve a population of 155,000 and a geographical region of 80,000 of Vancouver Island and the BC mainland coast from Desolation Sound to Swindle Island. Our wide range of program options is supported by a dedicated faculty, staff and administration - all working together to help students achieve their goals.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Distributed Learning Media Technician is responsible for the maintenance, installation and upgrade of all Video Conferencing; Multimedia Projection; and other Distributed Learning Technical Hardware throughout the North Island College region, as well as the administration and implementation of both internal and external conferencing sessions. The Media Technician is aware of the Mission and Values of North Island College incorporating and practicing the values in all aspects of the job.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, installs, configures, maintains and repairs Video Conferencing equipment throughout the College region.
- Troubleshoots data communication lines for Video Conferencing.
- Switches video sources and adjusts audio during Interactive Television teaching sessions.
- Monitors and maintains quality and connectivity during Video Conferencing sessions.
- Advises and assists remote Video Conferencing technicians.
- Establishes internal and external IP and ISDN video conferences.
- Acts as a liaison between North Island College and service/equipment providers.
- Tests and implements new Video Conferencing and Audio Visual equipment.
- Installs and maintains Multimedia Projectors at all four Campus locations
- Assists WebCT users with basic problems relating to Operating Systems and hardware.
- Consulted by Faculty and support staff regarding Audio-Visual/Video Conferencing technical problems and equipment.
- Captures, edits and converts media to web compatible format.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Diploma in Audio/Visual Technology plus a minimum of one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Working knowledge/experience of videoconferencing equipment, networking and related computer software and hardware.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation, conflict resolution and organizational skills.
A valid Driver’s license is required.
For further information on this position and how to apply, please go to https://nic.bc.ca
Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment. If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.