The Web Developer (Marketing) works as a dedicated member of the Beanstream and Digital River World Payments (DRWP) SMB marketing team building and maintaining web and mobile properties with the goal to support demand generation and revenue growth for Beanstream Canada as well as the global roll out of DRWP SMB.
The Web Developer also consults and contributes as subject matter expert for web publishing architecture in support of Digital River corporate web operations, spanning multiple departments and a range of projects with the goal of developing scalable and search engine friendly web and mobile solutions to best meet business needs.
The Web Developer will also work directly with project stakeholders to ensure web-based applications meet business, product, marketing and user requirements by coding, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring, tracking and optimizing current and new web applications and related marketing campaigns.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Deliver against the priorities assigned by the Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate and provided dedicated web development support to product management, marketing and sales efforts within Beanstream Canada (priority) as well as the DRWP SMB global roll out.
- Develop, maintain and enhance WordPress CMS multi-site architecture to support Beanstream and DRWP SMB marketing and demand generation.
- Manage Beanstream and DRWP SMB web operations and the integration and implementation of Salesforce and Marketo systems and connections including the testing and optimization of lead management and related analytics.
- Oversee and optimize web SEO for Beanstream Canada and DRWP SMB web properties as well as paid search campaign performance management for Beanstream Canada.
- Oversee the information architecture (IA), user interaction (UI) and user experience (UX) design of marketing related websites.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Digital River corporate web publishing architecture contributing to best practices for platform scalability, content management workflows, user experience, SEO and analytics.
- Keep abreast of and identify emerging trends related to technologies, best practices, methodologies and processes within e-commerce, payments and marketing industries to ensure that business strategies are aligned with the operational environment and the consumer markets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled use of specialized software tools to design, develop, and produce HTML pages, multimedia, animation, sound, and other web interfaces and content as required.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Experience creating web site development plans to determine timelines and budget estimates for completing web projects.
- Solid understanding of web architectures, user-centric design, and usability testing.
- Experience building multiple web sites of increasing complexity, including e-commerce sites.
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to provide timely, concise and pertinent technical web developer advice to various internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of current web development and design trends, image optimization and best practices.
- Knowledge of browser compatibility problems for all platforms and major browser types.
- Knowledge of best practices for UI and UX, especially responsive design.
Nice to Have Skills
- Working knowledge of web servers.
- Working knowledge of database-driven web site design.
- Working knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements.
- Working knowledge of color theory, layout, and design principles.
- Knowledge of e-commerce and the payments industry, including mobile.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a web developer.
- Experienced WordPress CMS responsive design development and management.
- Strong knowledge of SEO, web analytics tracking and analytics of key performance indicators and web metrics.