About BC Assessment
Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
About the Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
For more details on the array of benefits BC Assessment has to offer, please click here.
• Are you a driven IT professional looking for your next career challenge?
• Do you thrive in leading the technical design and implementation of custom applications?
• Does working with project management concepts appeal to you?
• Would you look forward to an array of outstanding benefits, including three weeks of
vacation to start, in-house training/development, and career planning support?
• Would you like to join one of BC’s Top Employers for 2014?
Please note: A Temporary Market Adjustment of 13% will be added to the salary
BC Assessment is now searching for a dynamic person who is passionate about application design to join its team in the role of Senior Programmer Analyst.
In this important role, you will be an expert in software development methodologies, application management lifecycle process, and application architecture. The position leads application development teams in the application development lifecycle and in planning, designing, developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining mission critical applications of significant complexity and cost (i.e. multiple platforms, environments and technologies requiring integration of new and legacy systems).
You will be responsible for the organization-wide implementation and integration of new software engineering and application development tools and services to ensure successful delivery of corporate goals. Deliverables include managing application architectural issues and risks, determining future application changes, organizing complex application development activities, and ensuring integrated application development and software engineering.
This position leads the development, configuration, maintenance, enhancement, and implementation of applications and application support services, including progress monitoring and control of activities to ensure completion of project deliverables or assigned work orders.
In the first year, you can look forward to:
• A university degree in computer science, software engineering, application development, or information systems.
• Prefer Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS - .Net, Windows workflow foundation applications), or Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS - SQL Server).
• A minimum of six years progressively responsible application development, deployment and integration experience for enterprise wide delivery, including consulting, mentoring and leadership of staff, contractors,
• Demonstrated experience in developing, maintaining, and enhancing applications using four or more of the following technologies is mandatory: .NET framework, SharePoint, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), Web services, Agile methodology and tools, Windows and UNIX Operating Systems, Oracle and SQL Server databases
• Experience setting up standards, policies and best practices in application architecture and development methodologies is essential.
• Experience in applying database design, administration and performance tuning concepts and principles towards application development.
• Experience in developing internet and web based applications.
• Proficiency in advanced SQL and PL/SQL programming.
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit. BCA intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
Competition closes: October 14, 2014 at 4:30pm Pacific Time
Please visit our website www.bcassessment.ca and log in to our Applicant Tracking System to create your profile and submit your cover letter and resume.