We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Product Management team as a Technical Product Manager. You will investigate and analyze customer and market data to identify and document market problems. You will produce and develop requirements specifications and will contribute with prioritization of product development. You will work with product development leads and teams to plan and implement development projects. You will participate in and act as a customer representative in product design. As your product and industry experience expands you will have the opportunity to support the sales channel as a corporate representative and product expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline and 2 years of hands on industry experience in Product Development, Product Management, or Software Development
- 5 years hands on experience in Product Development, Product Management, or Software Development
- Demonstrated aptitude for software and technology
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- The ability to work effectively with people in stressful situations and maintain positive customer relations
- The ability to work with people from various backgrounds and cultures
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work independently towards high level objectives
- Fluent in English
- The ability and interest in international travel.
- Relocation to Victoria, BC, plus valid Canadian work permit is required
- The demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead by example
Asset Experience (ideal but not all required):
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and processes, such as Agile and Scrum
- Experience/familiarity with AutoCAD or other Computer Aided Design software
- Professional experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing
SSI offers a competitive salary in the range of $50K to $60K per annum; commensurate with skills and experience, a full benefit package, a flexible work environment and a profit sharing program.
Interested candidates should apply to HR@SSI-Corporate.com with a cover letter indicating your salary expectations.
SSI would like to thank those applicants who apply and respectfully inform you that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.