Vecima’s FleetLynx group is a smart, passionate and experienced team helping firm’s better manage their fleets with easy access to key business data. Vecima (TSE: VCM) is seeking a Product Manager to work with senior leadership, engineering, sales, and key partners taking full responsibility for the identification, definition, analysis, prioritization and ongoing refinement of FleetLynx product requirements.
Product Manager (6 month contract) - FleetLynx
The Product Manager will be expected to participate in and drive strategic decision making related to the overall product direction, competitive assessments response, development and ownership of our product roadmap.
The Product Manager works with customers to identify requirements and product features. They also work with Usability Analysts, Software Architects, Project Managers, engineering teams, and other team members, to communicate those requirements to Agile Software development teams. The Product Manager will closely work with the development teams to elaborate those requirements and ensure successful translation into high-quality, commercially successful software.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with engineering to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with sales channels and key customers.
This position will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Victoria, British Columbia. It is a six month contract position with the possibility of an extension.
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience
- Knowledgeable in technology and/or M2M/telematics
- Agile Software work experience a strong plus
- Valid driver’s license
This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (up to 25%).
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Delivering outstanding, high quality products on time, on budget, with delighted customers
- Helping shape the product roadmap and define requirements
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Spending time with users gathering feedback and new requirements on product increments
- Writing and maintaining product user stories by performing business analysis, working with other team members to understand use cases, features and domain rules
- Prioritizing user stories, product feature backlog and release plan
- Managing customer, partner, and vendor relationships as necessary
- Staying up-to-date with any regulatory notices affecting FleetLynx
- Providing subject matter expertise to the sales and marketing teams
- Creating and delivering market and product requirement documents
- Providing customer perspective to development team
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
If you are looking for a challenging career move, we want to hear from you! To apply, please direct your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, to the contact below.
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- Salary expectations
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Please send your resume and salary expectations by email to email@example.com