Do you delight in doing really easy, mundane work for mediocre pay? If so, please stop reading, this job is not for you.
Do you thrive in a bland and static work environment, dominated by never-read memorandums and small-minded politics? If "yes", no need to continue, you would not be happy with KIXEYE.
Are you devoid of passion, ambition, and freethought? Hoping to basically hide until payday, making sure you never rock the boat? A "yes" here basically disqualifies you from consideration.
If, on the other hand, you're wicked smart but you'd still prefer not being the smartest person in the room, we may have what you're looking for. If you'd like your compensation to reflect your capabilities better than it does today, this might be the place for you. If you have a passion for meaty problems, and always-available and at-scale are challenges you enjoy, talk to us.
While we do use various specific languages, we prefer the seasoned generalist who can acclimate to any modern services and web stack. We are an established and highly successful gaming company, headquartered in SF, with offices in Victoria, Portland, OR and Brisbane, Australia.
- you are an exceptional software developer
- you are a freakishly effective communicator
- you can rapidly achieve clarity in complex scenarios
- your work ethic is unquestionable
- you have killed many people (in FPS, RTS or RPG environments)
- you frequently need a whiteboard to fully explain yourself
- your mum has no idea what it is you do for a living
- you know who said "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
- you're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like you
Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5l-nnR4Bx0 [nsfw]
Apply by email to email@example.com. Provide a three-sentence anecdote that involves woodland creatures dealing with a moral conflict.