Helm. Love where you work.
Helm offers complete enterprise information management solutions for the marine commercial transportation industry. Beyond providing innovative software to global clients, our people and culture matter the most. We value trust, accountability, performance, recognition, community, laughter, collaborative ideas and employee growth.
We are growing, and we are searching for an exceptional Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting Project Managers to successfully plan and implement our enterprise software modules, called Helm Marine OperationsTM software. As a key designate, you will work with software developers, trainers, customer support, business analysts and implementation specialists liaising between departments to ensure all stakeholders meet deliverables and timelines. The customers assigned and degree of responsibility will be determined by your attitude, drive and performance.
Why Work At Helm?
- Employer of the Year. In 2013 Helm won Viatec's coveted Employer of the Year award.
- A stable financial base. We are a fully-owned subsidiary of ClassNK, one of the world’s largest ship classification societies. Founded in Tokyo in 1899, ClassNK classifies 20 percent of the world's merchant fleet—that’s one out of every five commercial boats on the planet. In other words, we are incredibly well funded, and we are in it for the long haul.
- Location. The huge windows of our waterfront offices in downtown Victoria face right onto our city’s beautiful inner harbor.
- Monthly team budgets. Each development team manages their own budget to do with what they want. Some teams pay for lunches, pool games, volleyball, birthday cakes, and well-stocked snack cupboards. Others save their budgets for team toys like remote control helicopters and air hockey tables.
- Fun. Our monthly team events are unique and memorable. We’ve built our own silly boats, played rooftop volleyball in eighties-themed costumes, tested our courage in the treetops at WildPlay, raced around town on a photo-scavenger hunt, battled in huge Sumo-wrestling costumes, and enjoyed a private Star Wars screening with our families at a local theatre.
- Coffee. Endless free coffee. It's fair trade to boot.
- Beer. Every second Friday is beer Friday.
- Learning. We hold regular Lunch and Learn seminars on topics ranging from ‘Scrum 101’ to ‘Savings Strategies’ to ‘Public Speaking’.
- Growth. We invest in our employees’ long-term growth, and have clear career roadmaps, with customized individual plans.
- Community Involvement. We are proud to partner with Kiva Microfunds, helping provide small, interest-free loans to low-income people around the world who wouldn’t normally have access to traditional banking systems. Every December, we focus our team event on raising money for the Mustard Seed.