The GenoLogics philosophy is that to build a great company, you must first and foremost be a great employer. This means creating a workplace that is both inspiring and rewarding – one with shared purpose and meaning. GenoLogics produces more than world-class software; we develop solutions to help advance the early detection, prevention and treatment of diseases such as cancer. To achieve this vision, we’ve created a flat, boundaryless team environment where communication is open and decision-making is transparent. It is the creativity, energy and savvy of our people that enables our success as an organization.
GenoLogics isn’t a job – it’s an experience. What makes the GenoLogics Experience unique is the opportunity to:
• Impact the success of a dynamic company
• Learn and grow through challenging work and a diverse professional development
• Surround yourself with bright, talented people selected for who they are, not only what they can do
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will share responsibility for a wide range of accounting functions of moderate complexity. The Accountant will be responsible for day to day financial activities, contract management, and month end activities.
This opportunity will appeal to someone that thrives in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will have excellent organization skills, combined with good attention to detail, an ability to successfully prioritize a variety of tasks, and work with minimal supervision. As the organization grows, job enrichment and advancement opportunities will present themselves for a high performer.
• Accounts payable coding, entry and payments
• Accounts receivable entry
• Reconcile credit cards
• Reconcile bank statements
• Process employee expense reports
• Track costs by customer/employee
• Manage contracts in an on-line CRM
• Organize and file vendor invoices and customer contracts
• Assist with month end processes
• Prepare and administer sales tax filings
• Assist with annual financial statement audit
• Collect overdue accounts receivables
• Prepare monthly reports for investors and bankers
• Knowledge of Simply Accounting
• Knowledge of Canadian GAAP; foreign currency and sales tax knowledge is desirable
• 5 years of relevant work experience required
• Strong work ethic and personal drive to succeed
• Strong commitment to personal excellence, self motivated, and resourceful
• Strong analytical and administrative skills with good attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (good Excel skills); ability to learn new software applications quickly
• Knowledge of Salesforce and Gmail would be an asset
• Knowledge of Canadian payroll would be an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter (one PDF attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GenoLogics offers an attractive total compensation package including benefits. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; only short-listed applicants will be contacted. A hiring decision will be made as soon as we find the perfect candidate. Interviewing will be ongoing until such time.
GenoLogics is well positioned for success within its marketplace. GenoLogics has been a proud recipient of both the Human Resources Excellence Award and the Product of the Year Award, as awarded by the Vancouver Island Technology Association (VIATeC). For more information about GenoLogics, including corporate and career information, please visit www.genologics.com.