At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI in a permanent position in Victoria, BC, to provide leading IT services to our local clients as a Senior Project Manager.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager who has a minimum of 7-10+ years of experience managing small to large scale application management and development projects in a complex environment. Strong experience with PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies is necessary. Experience with Waterfall, lean, Agile or Rational Unified Process are desirable.
- Development of project proposals, project charters, and project management plans;
- Managing the time and effort of the project team;
- Ensuring proper change, scope, risk, and expectation management are applied;
- Reporting accurate project financial and profitability figures;
- Holding regular status meeting with team and clients and providing regular status reporting;
- Play a lead role in the development of business requirements documentation; and
- Ensure that projects are executed in accordance with CGI's ISO 9001 quality guidelines.
May be required to:
- Mentor other team members;
- Assist the PMO by providing delivery management reviews to other projects;
- Participate or provide leadership in local PM practice group; and
- Participate in other business analysis and/or management consulting engagements as necessary.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Successfully graduated from a recognized post secondary institution in related field;
- Formal PMBOK aligned Project Management training through either university or college courses, PMI certification, or corporate sponsored education (unless diploma or degree is in Project Management);
- Experienced using Earned Value project management techniques;
- A minimum of 5 years IT related experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal, written, facilitation, and presentation communication skills in English;
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to perform successfully under limited supervision; and
- Strong problem solving and decision-making.
- Clear English communication verbally and written;
- Managed medium to large scale application development projects in a complex environment for a minimum of 5 years, or managed small to large scale application maintenance projects in a complex environment for a minimum of 7-10 years;
- PMBOK aligned Project Management Methodologies experience; and
- IT industry experience; minimum 5 years
- Formal PMBOK aligned Project Management training through either university or college courses;
- PMI certification, or corporate sponsored education (unless diploma or degree is in Project Management);
- Project Management experience in government sector.
- Earned value project management technique experience; and
• Application Management;
• Application Development ;
• Business Analysis;
• Joint Application Development;
• PMBOK-Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMI);
• Project Management Professional;
• Requirements Analysis;
• UML (Unified Modeling Language); and
• Use Cases
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.cgi.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.