February 04, 2015
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices
The Desktop Support Specialist applies a broad and in-depth working knowledge of information technology products
and services to more complex assignments and assists more experienced staff in the application of technical concepts,practices and procedures. The incumbent generally is a member of a quick-response customer support team and works with clients over the phone and onsite to troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose and engage appropriate technical resources to resolve client issues. The incumbent operates independently to provide prompt and professional desktop service through quick processing and prioritization of a variety of problems.
REPRESENTATIVE PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures the most complex customer issues are promptly addressed, documented and resolved in a timely and
professional manner consistent with the highest customer service and professional / technical standards.
2. Briefs customers as well as management on the status of current resolution efforts and attends daily/weekly meetings.
3. Maintains daily tickets and reports to ensure the highest service levels are maintained.
4. Serves as technical advisor, providing front telephone, remote desktop, and onsite desktop support for system users with complex issues by resolving or conferring with the appropriate technical or systems personnel.
5. Initiates tracking and reporting of issues, as well as recommends means for system improvement including procedural steps, increased training, and enhanced documentation.
6. Serves as a mentor to lower level helpdesk technicians providing guidance during the troubleshooting process, training on new products and assistance in the development of their skills.
7. Performs on Call work after hours (24/7) as needed to resolve technical issues and meet service level agreements.
8. Performs other duties as requested.
Education and Typical Years of Experience:
Please send resume to email@example.com