February 05, 2015
Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search is recruiting for a top tiered Industry client offering top market salaries, 100% employer paid benefits, training and leadership opportunities, and a company pension plan.
Our retained client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Networking Specialist/Team Leader (Cisco, VMware, Active Directory, Virtual Storage) to join the Company’s Management Information Services Team and Business Services Group.
This position will work out of the Company’s Administration Office, in beautiful Nanaimo, British Columbia, and some travel to company operations located on Vancouver Island will be required.
The Senior Networking Specialist/Team Leader (Cisco, VMware, Active Directory, Virtual Storage) works closely with the rest of the support team including: other network specialists, system administrators, database administrators, desktop administrators, and will be responsible for providing team leadership/tier 2 level of support at the WAN Networking and the Windows System Administration level. Previous experience includes: team leadership & mentorship, network upgrade and change planning, coordination of changes, process improvement, technical documentation, and operational tier 2 support.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
The successful incumbent will help identify areas for improvement for the company's Networking, Virtual Storage and will provide key recommendations on Windows 2008 deployment, and the Microsoft Suite of products. In addition, you will participate in and help plan and deliver major system changes, perform capacity and problem management. The Senior Networking Specialist/Team Leader (Cisco, VMware, Active Directory, Virtual Storage) will provide 2nd level support for Windows systems and applications and will provide strong leadership/mentorship for Tier 1 and Tier 2 infrastructure support analysts.
Finally, the successful candidate will be a passionate problem solver who can also plan, analyze, and resolve business challenges and stay within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies. You must be able to lead by example and build upon existing team work within the support group.
In summary, the Senior Networking Specialist/Team Leader (Cisco, VMware, Active Directory, Virtual Storage) provides a broad range of customer support services to all of our client's administrative offices, divisions and operations, including but not limited to:
• Wide Area & LAN Network Administration
• Hardware Support
• System Security Controls
• Help Desk, Tier Two Support
• Data Communications
• System Evaluation
• Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
Must Have Technical Skills:
• Cisco Network Routing & VPN Connectivity Expertise
• Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Expertise
• Virtual Storage -- Equal Logics, or NetApps etc.
• Firewall & Network Security Expertise
Nice to Have Technical Skills:
• Previous experience with Dell Servers
• Equal Logic Virtual Storage experience
• Windows 2008 Server deployment experience
Required Soft Skills:
• Team leadership and mentoring Tier 1 & 2 support staff expertise
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and very strong customer service skills experience
• Strong project management experience and proven problem solving capabilities
• Experience recommending, implementing and ensuring adherence to network, security and hardware configuration policies and standards
• Maintaining contacts with external organizations for the maintenance, service and/or purchase of network equipment
• Evaluating relevant vendor products and recommending purchases consistent with short and long term objectives of the company
Nice to Have Soft Skills:
• Exposure to Forestry or Industry Related experience is highly desirable
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor or Diploma in Computer Science or Business is preferred
• 10 years of Senior Networking/Team Leadership experience or a combination of relevant education and work experience
• Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of Cisco routing and experience in a Microsoft Windows networking environment
• Technical experience and proficiency with microcomputer hardware and its application is required
• The ability to work in a team oriented environment with a strong customer service orientation is a mandatory requirement for this position
• Troubleshooting WAN & LAN performance issues, and re-engineering more robust solutions
In confidence, please call or email your resume and cover letter quoting, T-201529 - Senior Networking Specialist/Team Leader (Cisco, VMware, Active Directory, Virtual Storage) by sending your resume to:
Cliff Tang, Principal
Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search
IT Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development
"Part of Your Team"
Lynn Valley Town Centre
1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC
V7J 3S9 Canada