Isolation Network Inc., a partner with Universal Music Group Distribution, is a pioneer in the digital media industry. The company provides an end-to-end digital asset management platform including distribution and marketing services. We focus on promoting quality independent artists through our network of media store partnerships, which includes iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, and Napster.
We are looking for talented engineers to join our INEnterprise division that have spent a significant amount of time with Microsoft SQL Server, or possibly Oracle.
Responsibilities: For this position you must really enjoy database design problems, query plan optimization, data growth management, data access programming and diving into DMVs. You will be responsible for performance assessment and tuning, query development and optimization, building best practice data access layers, data modeling, and development of existing and emerging applications that work with Microsoft SQL Server and Mongodb. Database developers will work with project teams in the engineering organization to help implement their data access needs.
The ideal candidate would have:
• A track record in employing and ensuring industry best practices for database design and development
• 5+ years of programming SQL-based data access against MS SQL Server or Oracle
• Knowledge and experience of database techniques such as query plan analysis, index tuning, bulk operations, transaction isolation levels, statistics and resource management
• Strong application development background in C# or Java
• Strong knowledge of emerging NoSQL databases, especially MongoDB
• Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MongoDB certifications a plus
• Experience with SSRS, SSIS, OLAP a plus
• Experience with ADO.Net, .Net programming, Entity Framework or other ORM’s, and other RDBMS or NoSQL databases would be a plus
• Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
• Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
Why work with us?
We are passionate about the health and well being of our team members, and are committed to career development. Isolation Network, Inc. offers very competitive compensation (based on experience), and a benefits package including medical and dental insurance.
Other perks of working with us are generous paid leave allowances, training & development programs, and the opportunity to work in a casual, energetic, creative and fun working environment! Our downtown office in Victoria has additional perks such as providing snacks, coffee and soda, with access to a fitness facility, showers, indoor bike storage and more.