One Bit Labs is a premier development studio formed by former senior members of Microsoft Studios in Victoria, BC. Leveraging over 20 years' experience in entertainment and software development, One Bit Labs develops top-tier games and applications for both current and future devices, including Xbox One and HoloLens.
SENIOR 3D CHARACTER ARTIST
One Bit Labs is looking for an exceptional character artist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of anatomy with a strong background in sculpting, drapery, materials, hair and styling. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing a diverse visual range of characters and organic vehicles. A solid grasp of form, structure, color and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential.
The senior character artist must be skilled in additional forms of art production as well – Rigging, skinning, animation and Illustration.
• Create high-resolution and game-resolution 3D characters and organic vehicle models from concept art and reference materials.
• Create characters and vehicle textures and shaders in Maya and engine.
• Create clothing and equipment, both organic and hard-surface.
• Create environment props, both organic and hard-surface.
• Extremely strong modeling skills.
• Experience with Zbrush and/or Mudbox.
• Experience with Maya.
• Experience creating high resolution textures in Photoshop.
• 2 shipped titles as a character modeler.
• 3-5 years game industry experience.
• Deep understanding of anatomy and how characters move when rigged.
• Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
• Able to communicate modeling concepts with other artists visually using quick thumbnail sketches or acting.
• Strong foundation in traditional arts, including but not limited to sculpting, figure drawing and illustration.
OPTIONAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Experience with physics setup for cloth and/or hair.
• Experience creating blend shapes/morph targets.
• Experience with Unity engine.
• Experience dealing with outsourcing (managing and checking models and textures, sending feedback).
• Traditional art skills/background.
Send you cover letter, resume, portfolio, and/or web links to firstname.lastname@example.org.