At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI, a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in Victoria, BC to provide leading IT services to our local clients. We are seeking a senior level .NET resource with a minimum of five years of experience working with the following technologies:
* Proficient with C#, ASP.NET MVC, LINQ, AJAX, Web Service development
* Proficient with object oriented design & programming
* Strong knowledge of SQL, PLSQL, Transact-SQL in Oracle/SQL Server
* Knowledge of common coding practices, methodologies and design patterns
* Applied knowledge of Unit Testing. (XUnit, NUnit, MSTest, etc.)
* Experience with web technologies (WCF, REST, SOAP, SOA, WSDL, etc)
• Leads team in the allocation of activities for a team of developers
• Tracks team deliverables
• Recommends/designs structure and tools for systems which meet business needs.
• Analyzes and evaluates the technological impacts of improvements to highly complex applications.
• Delivers technical visualization of proposed applications for execution by developers.
• Translates logical designs into physical designs and produces detailed design documentation.
• Maps work to user specifications and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
• Works closely with the customer and business analyst to ensure business and technical needs are met and additional needs are identified.
• Performs autonomously in customer engagements and identifies additional opportunities.
• Employs strong communication and presentation skills in Customer and business support.
• Review estimates provided by developers.
• Codes, documents changes, follows established processes and performs and documents unit and system testing.
• Participates in the execution of functional tests
• Conducts complex design activities, complex level system integrated primary testing, reviews the complex level work of others and provides complex level estimates.
• Possesses complex level business/product knowledge
• Designing, estimating, coding and testing intermediate to complex programs
• Enhancing, diagnosing and improving complex and undocumented code
• Performing application programming assignments, typically maintenance or modification of existing systems on a .NET platform.
• Preparing detailed specifications for programs
• Solving problems
• Interacting with clients
• Participating in multiple assignments at the same time
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Successfully graduated from a 2 year diploma program or a Computer Science/Information Technology degree
* A minimum of 5 years related IT experience Web Services, XML, SQL, C# and .NET
* Experience in analysis, design and maintenance or development of application systems using the technologies described
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* The ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
* The ability to work in a team environment
* The ability to perform successfully under limited supervision
* Quick learner who can come up in a very short period of time working with intermediate/complex systems and technologies
* The ability to make architectural improvements/recommendations.
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.cgi.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.