About BC Assessment
Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
About the Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
Extended Health and Dental
Retirement and Pension Plans
Employee & Family Assistance Program
Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Programs
Life/Sick Insurance Benefits
3 Weeks Vacation to Start
Awards & Recognition
Join one of BC's Top Employers for 2014!
Are you a driven IT professional looking for your next career challenge?
Would you like to be part of a team of professionals that are passionate about what they do?
Attractive Annual Salary up $67,647.96
BC Assessment is looking for 2 Business Analysts to join its dynamic and progressive Information & Technology Services (ITS) in Victoria.
There are 2 positions, one in each of the following Teams:
The Business Solutions Team – Within this team we are seeking one person to:
• Perform analysis, design, and solution verification as a member of one or more strategic project teams
• Develop and implement key elements of a total quality management program to enhance BCA’s system development approach
• Share your expertise and contribute to the growth of Business Analysis Community of Practice
The Information Services Team - This is an operations team focused on developing and supporting products and services used by internal and external clients to BC Assessment – within this team, we are seeking one person to:
• Develop a centralized, efficient mail out process a team will follow, adhering to a business schedule and co-ordinating with the subject matter experts, the IT developers and our print vendor. This process and deliverable is supported within the Information Services unit.
• Conduct analysis of the annual rolls & notice production issues to improve the efficiency and quality of our processes and deliverables.
• Plan and manage continuous improvement projects to improve the information services customer experience.
• Facilitate the development of changes needed by our internal and external clients while collaborating with other units, adhering to a release schedule and leveraging new or existing products.
• University degree in computer science, systems business analysis, information management, and software engineering, or equivalent. University degree in business administration or finance (plus related IM/IT courses) will be considered.
• Enrollment in a BA certificate in Business Analysis or equivalent certificate.
• Completion of PM certificate or certified Project Management Professional would be an asset.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading projects, conducting business analysis, developing business cases, and identifying and documenting client and user needs in a public sector environment is preferred.
• Property assessment/appraisal, facilitating to groups of people, developing test strategies and test designs, and applying adult learning methodologies and developing training/educational materials is preferred.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is included in the Bargaining Unit. BCA intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
To apply to this opportunity, please log in to our Applicant Tracking System, create a profile, and upload your cover letter and resume: www.bcassessment.ca/