Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia.
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
Join one of BC's Top Employers for 2014!
Are you a driven IT professional looking for your next career challenge?
Would you like to be part of a team of professionals that are passionate about what they do?
Attractive Annual Salary up $63,564.38
BC Assessment is now searching for an enthusiastic person to join its team as a GIS Analyst.
In this important role, your primary tasks will be to create and maintain Geographic Information System (GIS) products in support of the business activities of BC Assessment including the establishment and maintenance of uniform real property assessments throughout British Columbia.
During your first year, you can expect to work with a team of GIS Analysts to:
• Support BCA internal customers in the use of GIS software and data;
• Work to keep our assessment fabric up-to-date
• Create thematic maps for use in assessment and valuation
• Review deliverables from external vendors for completion and accuracy
About the Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
• Diploma in geographic information systems.
• Capturing, converting, creating, editing and maintaining digital information in a GIS environment.
• Creating a variety of digital, geographical and descriptive products including thematic maps and associated descriptive statistics.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is included in the Bargaining Unit. BCA intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org