Perforce Software Canada Inc. is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to deliver technical assistance to Perforce customers from our office located in Victoria, BC. This can take the form of contributing to the online self-service support tools, delivering one-on-one assisted support to customers, and serving as a focal point for proactive support when assigned to premium customers. They are also expected to serve as mentors to others and to participate in strategic initiatives to improve the quality of support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Resolves customers’ technical issues with the Perforce software including installation, usage, and product issues
• Records customer interactions in the issue tracking system
• Troubleshoots complex issues using independent investigation and testing methods
• Communicates with other departments within the company as appropriate to resolve customer issues
• Handles complex customer situations independently including escalations
• Consistently maintains excellent customer service ratings
• When assigned to specific customers, provides proactive support services in addition to resolving issues
• Serves as a mentor for new hires and less experienced support engineers; handles more complex issues handed-off from other support engineers.
• Contributes to the technical knowledge base, reviews documents written by others
• Participates in planning for future products and improvements in the support center processes
• Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
• 8+ years’ experience in similar technical support positions serving business customers with enterprise applications, and/or development, release management, QA, and SCM
• Experience with debugging complex product issues involving the Perforce software in multiple environments
• Experience with client/server applications, relational databases, multiple operating systems (Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux/BSD), and TCP/IP networks
• Experience with hardware and operating system internals, memory management, networking, and other performance-related aspects of computers
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with C/C++/C#/Java; also Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and to seek assistance proactively as needed to reach the goals of the department
• A track record of delivering on-time, on-spec, appropriately documented projects
• Proven ability to interact with executives within customer organizations in a professional, credible manner
• Demonstrated track record of making appropriate suggestions for improvement in the department’s processes and goals
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Software development experience or systems administration experience.
• Knowledge of version control best practices.
• Experience with Git
Interested applicants please apply here http://www.perforce.com/company/careers/open_jobs?gnk=apply&gni=8aa343974c5a352e014c778ea3bd08ec&gns=ViaTEC