Do you get excited about automating cloud server deployments, or tuning web servers to handle thousands of requests per minute? Do you want to be part of a young, energetic and innovative company who rewards people for embracing challenges, innovation, and hard work? Keep reading! We are currently on the search for a Systems Administrator/DevOps to join our growing operations team.
As the successful applicant you take on the challenges that come with administering large distributed networks, while making it your mission to improve every aspect of our devops processes. Ideally you have experience administering Linux-based cloud systems that are resilient, highly available and optimally performing on large distributed networks. Most importantly, the successful applicant must be a team player and have a good sense of humour.
Still reading? Awesome! Next is a list of skills and qualifications. Don’t let the length scare you away. If you have most of these, but not all, BUT you have demonstrated ability to learn quickly, we still want to hear from you! (We are more about finding the right fit for the job than checking off that all the qualifications are met.)
● Setup and maintain Linux-based web, database, and load balancing cloud servers to support new and existing products
● Automate manual administration and deployment processes
● Develop and execute queries on internal databases to generate statistical reports
● Troubleshoot and address production and development environment issues
● Provide 24x7 support on rotation
Must bring to the table:
● 1+ years experience administering Ubuntu or other Linux-based cloud and dedicated servers
● 1+ years experience using scripting languages such as Bash, PHP, and/or Python
● 1+ year’ experience using automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
● 1+ years experience with at least one of the following cloud providers: Digital Ocean, Linode, AWS, or SoftLayer
● Comfortable in an Agile process-driven environment
● Comfortable with version control specifically Git and GitHub
● Comfortable with peer code reviews
● Some knowledge of SQL
● Some experience administering PostgreSQL servers
● Understanding of networking protocols including TCP, DNS, SSH and rsync
Major bonus if you have experience with:
● Optimizing high volume web servers
● Deploying load balancers with HAProxy
● ElasticSearch, memcached and/or Redis
● RabbitMQ or an equivalent message queue broker
● Geolocation DNS load balancing
● Automating deployments using Fabric or similar technologies
● Nagios or other system monitoring and alerting tools
It would be awesome if you have a B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems, but ultimately you need to have equivalent experience administering mission critical production Linux servers.
We have an amazing location in beautiful downtown Victoria. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We offer great health benefits, gym/fitness program, fun events & field trips, fresh organic fruit, espresso & tea and to top it off - Herman Miller chairs, ping pong, foosball and an Xbox!
Want to apply? Please send in a cover letter and resume with name and position in the subject line to email@example.com. Hint, make yourself stand out by listing relevant experience from our “Major bonus if you have experience with” as well as any other valuable experience in your cover letter.
We appreciate your interest in Red Brick Media however we will only be responding to those shortlisted for the role.