"When you attract people who have the DNA of pioneers and the DNA of explorers, you build a company of like-minded people who want to invent. And that’s what they think about when they get up in the morning: how are we going to work backwards from customers and build a great service or a great product” – Jeff Bezos
AbeBooks is seeking a Product Manager to lead a team of product managers and UX designers responsible for driving innovation and advocating on behalf of our customers. Based in Victoria BC you and your team will drive AbeBooks' customer experience for product discovery through search, browse and merchandising across all the devices customers use to interact with our services.
Working closely with our world-class technology team, you will drive a suite of products and services to help our customers discover the most relevant offers from our sellers. You will be responsible for current and future innovations across multiple platforms, devices, and media types (website, mobile devices, social media, apps, email etc.).
Key Job Responsibilities
As the primary customer experience champion for AbeBooks and our other brands, you will relentlessly advocate for the customer and ensure their voice is heard throughout the company. You will shape the direction of customer experience improvement projects across the organization and set the tempo for defect reduction through continuous improvement. You will drive accountability across your team in order to deliver large-scale, high-visibility, high-impact projects and you will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as you are about all other aspects of the customer experience. You will plan and execute analysis that results in meaningful customer experience enhancements to product discovery (search, browse, and merchandising) on all relevant devices. You will partner with key stakeholders to develop the vision and strategy for the customer experience on our platforms, define product roadmaps based on this strategy, and present and defend your recommendations to senior management.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· 5+ years product development experience in technology companies
· 2+ years experience in a people manager role
· Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Successful track record in working closely with engineering teams to deliver on aggressive schedules.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Strong knowledge of SQL; ability to extract, manipulate and structure data
· Demonstrated ability to ship products that deliver great customer experiences.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
· Experience in software development, familiar with Scrum, Kanban, or other Agile methodologies.
· Diverse work experience/background
· A passion for customer experience combined with business curiosity and a strategic viewpoint
· French, German, Italian, or Spanish language skills
Please send resume to HR@abebooks.com