Carmanah is looking for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to be the first point of contact at our Company. This position will require a professional individual that has a very welcoming demeanor, strives on keeping everything organized, a dynamite multi-tasker and knows how important that “first impression” is. You have Office Administration DNA and you love what you do!
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will have a variety of duties, so no day will be the same. These duties include being the first point of contact at reception and providing general office administrative support to ensure a productive, efficient and healthy working environment at Carmanah.
General Description and Responsibilities
- Acts as first point of contact for greeting and assisting clients and visitors, following security protocol and ensuring a positive first impression.
- Ensure the reception area is presentable at all times.
- Point person for all Camanah staff travel coordination through a travel agent.
- Booking hotels for general Carmanah staff guests as required.
- Coordinating guest/staff meetings and catering these and other company events.
- Weekly office supply orders and maintenance of office supply cupboards; ensuring all copiers are topped up at all times.
- Weekly ordering and oversight of employee amenities and kitchen supplies.
- Preparing couriers as needed and managing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Preparing and ordering business cards as needed.
- Developing and maintaining an administrative handbook including contact information and general administrative processes.
Contract Administration: Manage and administer the contract database. The first point of contact for all non-employment related contracts including distribution contracts, NDA’s and vendors. Ensuring contracts are signed by proper authorities, distributed and filed appropriately.
Facility Administration: Working with the facilities team to ensure the cleaning services are on-task and following up with the facilities manager on any issues. Daily checks on the kitchen and meeting rooms for cleanliness, including coffee supply top ups and putting on and emptying the dishwasher on a daily basis as required.
Health & Safety: Ensure that Carmanah is compliant with health & safety regulations, develop and maintain H&S Policies for the Victoria office and coordinate meetings and resolve compliance issues as required.
- Coordinate Insurance Certificate renewals as requested and file in database accordingly.
- Assist the accounting and HR departments as needed. This may include filing, scanning of sensitive and confidential information and record keeping.
- General clerical tasks such as writing, correspondence, filing, document copying, formatting and report generation.
- Social Committee member assisting in coordination of company events.
- Conduct research and ad hoc projects as required.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in an office/reception position in a corporate office environment. Education in Business Administration is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated diplomacy and a friendly, clear and courteous demeanor.
- Pro-active and confident work style.
- Exercises good judgement and maintains confidentiality.
- Highly organized and strong multi-tasking skills; loves variety.
- Team player with a sense of community.
- Takes pride in their work environment; a good work ethic.
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to go above and beyond!