The Quality Assurance Lead will help shape the future of the GenoLogics Quality Assurance Team, which is committed to improving the overall quality and value of the industry’s leading Life Sciences Data Management platform. As an effective communicator and a proven leader, you will provide regular direction, mentorship and coaching to the QA team. You enjoy leadership and the rewards that come from helping others learn and grow. As a capable problem solver, you will find effective solutions to complex challenges. As the QA Lead, primary responsibilities include the planning, development and execution of all aspects of testing at GenoLogics. Further, the QA lead will ensure good, documented quality processes are applied across the development team, and throughout the product lifecycle. You will represent the interests of the department and its customers within the organization.
The ideal candidate is passionate about software testing and has made quality assurance their chosen profession. Comfortable working independently and as part of a collaborative team, you will enjoy the daily challenges associated with enterprise level software testing and a highly sophisticated customer base. A positive “can do” attitude and willingness to learn about our industry and customer requirements are essential. The individual must be an adept problem solver that goes beyond the obvious to develop effective solutions. This position will appeal to an individual that thrives in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment offering rich learning opportunities.
GenoLogics develops cutting edge data management products for the life sciences industry. We develop solutions that matter. If the idea of helping to develop and test complex, high quality, enterprise-grade, multi-tier software products get you excited, then this is the place for you.
· Coach and mentor other team members to help improve our QA effectiveness
· Work as a part-time embedded member of an Agile team as an individual contributor
· Champion quality improvements to the deliverables produced by the development team
· Ensure established engineering processes are followed and properly documented
· Lead release process for all product releases including release planning, bug tracking and triage
· Develop and maintain quality metrics shared with various stakeholders within the company
· Planning of new automated test systems, manual test plans and regressions test plans
· Maintenance and development of documentation for our validation package used by customers to validate their installed system in accordance with regulations such as 21CFR11
· Assist support team in difficult escalations and be our external advocate for quality
· Work with other department representatives to collaborate on joint projects and initiatives, with an aim of improving the quality of all deliverables
· Implement industry best practices for testing automation in order to streamline operations
· Maintain and update documentation used to validate our software in regulated environments
· Participate in shared learning with other team members, provide mentorship as appropriate
· Contribute ideas and suggestions in support of the QA Team’s goal of continuous improvement
· Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or IT or equivalent work experience
· Minimum six years Quality Assurance experience, preferably working on enterprise software
· Proven track record working in an Agile development environment
· Proven leadership and project management skills
· A love of Quality Assurance and a belief in its importance in shipping great software
· Experience working with a team which completed and shipped successful products
· Experience with multiple test methods: exploratory, unit, acceptance, functional and integration
· Experience leading others and managing complex projects
· Experience with software quality metrics to monitor process improvements
· Experience developing, implementing and improving software test systems and procedures
· Experience with the design and implementation of automated testing systems
· Experience with SQL and database concepts, also database driven applications
· Experience working on multiple operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
· Experience with test automation using scripting
· Experience automating tests against REST or similar web-based application APIs
· Experience with JAVA and database applications (Oracle or Postgres preferred)
· Experience with server applications stacks and frameworks (JBoss, Tomcat, Grails)
· Experience working with clients in regulatory environments in the healthcare industry
· Understanding of cloud-based systems and cloud-targeted deployment
· Understanding of modern release management concepts
Working at GenoLogics
The GenoLogics Philosophy
The GenoLogics philosophy is that to build a great company, you must first and foremost be a great employer. This means creating a workplace that is both inspiring and rewarding – one with shared purpose and meaning. GenoLogics produces more than world-class software; we develop solutions to help advance the early detection, prevention and treatment of diseases such as cancer. To achieve this vision, we’ve created a flat, boundaryless team environment where communication is open and decision-making is transparent. It is the creativity, energy and savvy of our people that enables our success as an organization.
GenoLogics isn’t a job – it’s an experience.
What makes the GenoLogics Experience unique is the opportunity to:
· Impact the success of a dynamic company
· Learn and grow through challenging work and diverse professional development
· Surround yourself with bright, talented people selected for who they are, not only what they can do
GenoLogics offers an attractive total compensation package including benefits and stock options. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; only short-listed applicants will be contacted. A hiring decision will be made as soon as we find the perfect candidate. Interviewing will be ongoing until such time. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
GenoLogics is well positioned for success within its marketplace. GenoLogics has been a proud recipient of both the Human Resources Excellence Award and the Product of the Year Award, as awarded by the Vancouver Island Technology Association (VIATeC).