GenoLogics is looking for talented software developers to help us advance Clarity LIMS, the life science industry’s leading laboratory information management system (LIMS) for Next-Generation Omics Labs. GenoLogics produces more than world-class software. We are developing solutions to help advance the early detection, prevention and treatment of diseases such as cancer. In close partnership with leaders in Next-Generation Genomics we are working to ensure that customers realize the full value of their LIMS software today, while working to apply it to the latest technologies that will enable personalized medicine tomorrow. This is an opportunity to become part of a bright, talented team and develop a world-class product.
To excel in this position, you must be passionate about software development. You must enjoy working with other brilliant developers and you cannot be afraid sharing your insights. You possess a burning desire to write high quality code. You are knowledgeable about the tools and techniques leading to robust, maintainable software. You are not afraid to try new things and enjoy the challenge of learning and applying new technologies. As a member of the software development team, you will be expected to contribute to both our integrations products and to our agile development process.
· Understanding of Java programming language
· Familiarity with developing and consuming RESTful APIs
· Familiarity with SQL
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
· Passion and excitement about latest trends in software development
· Familiarity with Groovy programming language
· Familiarity with at least one testing framework (JUnit, TestNG)
· Familiarity with build systems (e.g. Maven)
· Experience developing and consuming APIs or SDKs
· Experience with technical writing
· 1-2 years’ experience
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline
Working at GenoLogics
The GenoLogics Philosophy
The GenoLogics philosophy is that to build a great company, you must first and foremost be a great employer. This means creating a workplace that is both inspiring and rewarding – one with shared purpose and meaning. GenoLogics produces more than world-class software; we develop solutions to help advance the early detection, prevention and treatment of diseases such as cancer. To achieve this vision, we’ve created a flat, boundaryless team environment where communication is open and decision-making is transparent. It is the creativity, energy and savvy of our people that enables our success as an organization.
GenoLogics isn’t a job – it’s an experience.
What makes the GenoLogics Experience unique is the opportunity to:
· Impact the success of a dynamic company
· Learn and grow through challenging work and diverse professional development
· Surround yourself with bright, talented people selected for who they are, not only what they can do
GenoLogics offers an attractive total compensation package including benefits and stock options. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; only short-listed applicants will be contacted. A hiring decision will be made as soon as we find the perfect candidate. Interviewing will be ongoing until such time. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GenoLogics is well positioned for success within its marketplace. GenoLogics has been a proud recipient of both the Human Resources Excellence Award and the Product of the Year Award, as awarded by the Vancouver Island Technology Association (VIATEC)