Reports to: CIO
Supervises: Global IT groups
Works with: Senior Management team, IT Corporate Operations, Third Party Supplier and other departments as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10-15 years of multi-disciplined IT experience; ideally the individual will have experience in a company with multi-unit, retail store and online environments with emphasis on customer service requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has a broad technical background but more importantly, will be a visionary and strong business leader
- Knows the complexities involved in changing processes and implementing new technologies, and the resulting impact on people and the organization
- Extensive IT leadership experience managing multiple cross-functional operations and project delivery teams
- Ability to influence senior level management and key stakeholders is a critical success factor
- Strong background in business processes, technologies and systems that support best-in-class operations including high volume and high availability environments
The VP, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company. The CTO partners with the CIO to provide strong vision and leadership to ensure the company effectively leverages technology to achieve and maintain a sustainable competitive advantage. A key objective will be to drive efficiencies that can then be reinvested in net new capabilities. The CTO drives decisions in the areas of technology platforms, acquisition of financial services systems, strategic technology partnerships, and technology life cycle management. The CTO also participates in due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions. The CTO therefore plays an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. The CTO serves as a strong consultant to the various enterprise business units, especially in areas such as marketing, sales, services and support, where the intersection of existing and emerging technologies can impact top-line revenue and improved margins.
- Develops and leads a technology strategy for the Enterprise that supports strong business alignment, increased profitability, and provides a sound, flexible foundation for the future
- Drives strategic alliances, especially with technology partners, that enhance the business units’ competitive positioning
- Participates in strategic and operational governance processes
- Provides visible leadership for the company within the technology community
- Defines and establishes technical standards and processes and drives accountability for adherence for product development, delivery and operations
- Participates in due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions
- Leads technology roadmap development and directs system integration efforts
- Works closely with Chief Information Security Officer to effectively manage information security, risks, and controls frameworks
- Works in a consultative fashion with business and shared services department heads, as an advisor of technologies
- that may improve their capabilities, efficiencies and effectiveness
- Develops operational goals and objectives. Monitors departments’ performance to ensure goals and objectives are achieved or exceeded on a consistent basis. Collaborates with IT executives to create plans that are supportive of corporate goals and strategic objectives
- Designs and implements effective metrics, SLA’s and OLA’s for areas of accountability including enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and acquisitions/integrations services
- Provides effective leadership to direct report teams that are accountable for infrastructure, compute, storage, network, and telecommunications through prioritizations based on a clear vision, goals, and objectives
- Provides effective management of associates through timely, candid and constructive feedback. Develops associates to their fullest potential and provides challenging opportunities that enhance associates career growth Recruits and develops appropriate talent pool to insure adequate bench strength and succession planning; Recognizes and rewards associates for accomplishments
- Works with IT executives to prepare budget reports for CEO and CFO. Works with the CIO to direct the creation, maintenance, reporting and ongoing analysis of annual budget and scorecard measures for the departments
- Accurately forecasts and allocates staffing capacity, salaries, vendor costs and other operational expenses in accordance with sales forecasts, changes in the economic environment, anticipated process enhancements and new technologies
- Develops and negotiates terms and conditions of supplier contracts
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Generally a desk job in standard office environment; standing and walking required approximately ten percent of the time.
Ability to travel regularly is a must.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. This document contains Dollar Financial Group’s confidential and proprietary information and is intended for DFG internal use only.