We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our organization and be a key part of our success and growth.
If you are considering a change, please let us know.
The QA Analyst will perform testing of JEA software products and of selective client Penfax applications to ensure that the software systems meet requirements and are delivered with minimal defects. Testing will be performed manually. The QA Analyst will work in a collaborative fashion with the JEA Product Development Manager, JEA Project Managers, JEA Business Analysts, and/or directly with the client on the testing activities.
The QA Analyst will report to the Quality Assurance Practice Lead for overall direction and work assignments. As part of the QA Practice, the incumbent will assist the Director of Standards and Practices in the implementation of Corporate QA standards and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of position
- Independently or as part of an internal or external team the QA Analyst is responsible for:
- Developing test plans, test schedules and testing estimates
- Preparing test scenarios, test cases and test data
- Executing test plans
- Assembling test documentation
- Analyzing test results
- Working with the developers to determine cause of failure
- Performing the following types of testing as defined in the JEA System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – functional, regression, performance and release testing.
- Perform root cause analysis on defects.
- Gather, analyze and disseminate QA metrics.
- Maintain test databases and testing documentation.
- Assist Director of Standards and Practices in the implementation of Corporate QA standards and procedures:
- Investigate and propose improvements to QA standards and procedures
- Mentor others in the application of QA standards and procedures
- Assist in the definition of QA standards and procedures
Experience/skills required for position
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the system development process using a structured development methodology.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a formal testing or QA role including the development of test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing COTS products
- Must be able to obtain Canadian Government security clearance
- Ability to comprehend system specification documentation such as Requirements, Functional Specifications, System Design or Programming Specification documents, in order to identify testing requirements.
- Experience with Oracle development including the build, configuration and release processes.
- Must be capable of writing SQL queries.
- Experience in procedural language programming, preferable C.
- Must be well versed in the software Quality Assurance discipline including a solid understanding of testing techniques.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently or as a cooperative member of a team.
- Must be flexible to changing demands and priorities and function well in a matrix managed environment
- Experience and working knowledge of automated test tools is desirable.
- Experience in administration of defined benefit pension plans is desirable.
Education/formal training requirements
- Must have a post secondary degree or diploma in computer science in information technology.
- It is desirable, but not necessary, that the incumbent have QA certification of one of the following:
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
- Software Quality Engineer Certification (CSQE)
- Quality Improvement Associate Certification (CQIA).