At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We are seeking a talented individual who has a minimum of five (5) years working experience in an enterprise technology architecture position. The successful candidate with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in designing and implementing technical infrastructures that support multiple databases and technology solutions. The ideal candidate will want to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment where he or she works closely, as a consultant, with our internal and external clients. If you have the experience, drive and commitment, now is the time to make yourself known to us!
• Work in team-oriented environment, providing architectural technical advice and expertise and guidance to key stakeholders on a broad range of technology architectural related projects;
• Work to align multiple solution and project teams towards a common set of principles, objectives and standards;
• Understand and communicate architecture principles, approaches and standards across internal and client technical teams;
• Work as part of various engagement pursuit teams designing suitable solution models which meet client requirements;
• Work closely with clients and team members to understand the business/technical requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions;
• Contribute towards the building of appropriate client deliverables, which may include RFP responses, PowerPoint decks, and other artifacts;
• Develop and validate design proposals and technology roadmaps for new solutions and technical reviews of existing systems;
• Define, analyze and validate detailed system architecture, requirements and design;
• Evaluate changes and perform impact analysis;
• Review and validate system deliverables to maintain the integrity of the system architecture;
• Apply SDLC concepts for designing, coding, testing and implementing application software that is delivered on time and within budget;
• Make recommendations on how to replace customized functionality with out-of-the box solutions;
• Provide knowledge with a broad range of old and new technologies to recognize and exploit the advantages of all;
• Assess, address, and recommend solutions to technical risks to the system architecture;
• Document, evaluate and recommend architecture and design alternatives;
• Mentor architects, developers, and other resources (technical and non-technical) in aspects of architecture;
• Successfully support the assessment of current architectures, recommend future architectures and document a road map to implement future architectures;
• Follow policies and procedures like change management, project governance and software configuration management;
• Utilize excellent oral, written and presentation skills to clearly express and communicate concepts, designs and proposals;
• Highly self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
• Strong knowledge of enterprise and solution architecture concepts, values, methodologies, and differentiators;
• University/College degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Minimum ten (10) years working experience in the information technology sector
• Minimum five (5) years working experience in an architecture position dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions
• Certifications in both technical and architecture areas, including Oracle/Sun, IASA, TOGAF, ITAC, ITIL, PMP, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced technical expertise in a variety of technologies and technical/architecture areas to include Web and Application Servers, CRM, COTS, SOA, Modeling skills/UML, BPEL/BPMN, SharePoint, Four Plus One Architectural View Model, Data Architecture, Data Warehousing, Clustering and High Availability, Message Broker, Security/Identity Management, UI and Graphic Design, Cloud, Mobile, Desktop/Client Server, and Network solutions.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.cgi.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.